Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can you imagine what it's like to have no...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies

...self esteem?

Like, literally ZERO.

When someone on here expresses self doubt we just tell them to get stronger and just deal with it.

But that would already be assuming they had something to use to push themselves up.

If you have none and nothing and NOBODY in your life to help pull you out of a slump or make you feel worthwhile, how do you do it?

Can you imagine?

No friend, no family member, no co-worker?

How could you tell someone like that to just get over their lack of confidence?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 23, 2013 at 3:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 23, 2013 at 3:58 AM

Most people probably can't even imagine so they would just say, "Find something good about yourself and work on that."

or 

"You don't need anybody to make you feel good about yourself."

But the fact is that we all need SOMEONE to make us feel accepted and /or loved 

krissy920
by Gold Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 3:59 AM

Im not really that harsh i wouldnt say that to anyone. But no one is ever completly alone.. if you are on here you should have kids right? My kids can pull me through anything. I could never just give up on life because they are my life.

elitish
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 4:00 AM
1 mom liked this
No, we really don't. If you don't love a single part of yourself, no one can love you. Period.

Quoting Anonymous:

Most people probably can't even imagine so they would just say, "Find something good about yourself and work on that."

or 

bonitalilmama
by Silver Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 4:00 AM

I would imagine someone like that would be suicidal

crumpy_gat
by No. on Jun. 23, 2013 at 4:01 AM
Been there
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 23, 2013 at 4:03 AM
I'm like that.

But there's ugly people and there's beautiful people.

Nothing wrong with accepting that
want10more
by Gold Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 4:03 AM

haha you talking about ME?????? i was so there. for me, it got to a point that either i'd be ok w/ being me, or i'd die. by my own hand. and simply put, i didn't wanna NOT see the sun again. i needed to say to me again and again, that i was ok to breathe. i was ok to live. i wasn't perfect, but i DID deserve to be here. took a long time, and was hard. but i did it.

HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 4:05 AM
I had no one, until my husband came into the picture. He alone makes me feel so good about myself. I don't know where is be without him.
want10more
by Gold Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 4:06 AM

not totally true. i fell in love w/o loving myself that much. i was on the way yes. but i thot i was useless ugly fat stupid old and ugly. yet i met someone that i'm happily married to now.......thru his eyes, i see me as ok now. but ordinarily, i can't disagree w/ u. i think i just got lucky.

Quoting elitish:

No, we really don't. If you don't love a single part of yourself, no one can love you. Period.

Quoting Anonymous:

or 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 23, 2013 at 4:07 AM

this

Quoting elitish:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured