Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I caught him cheating!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 75 Replies
So when I was 8 months pregnant in 2010 I knew in my heart that my man had cheated BUT didn't know for sure until a year later! I gave him a second chance and here I am 3 years later crying my eyes out in my living room while that piece of shit sleeps in the king size bed that I had baught. To make a long story short I started to trust him again and I let him go out for a "boys" night which ended up not according to his text messages.. he was texting a girl under the name robyn which isn't her name of corse, and the last message was "baby, I want u to come back so bad, she ruins it for us all the time.." and more messages about when he's gunna have time to come over? when I confronted his drunkin a** about it he called me all the names in the book. We have been together for over 8 years and we have a 3 year old son? How can he do this? What do I do? I'm freaking out.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 23, 2013 at 6:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 23, 2013 at 6:38 AM
Marriage counseling? Idk but you deserve better.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 23, 2013 at 6:41 AM
14 moms liked this
I say let her have him.
stace101
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 6:41 AM

poor you - make sure all your friends know about it so u can get some support when u give him an ultimatum. do you want him to leave or do you want him to stay and respect you? either way make sure your friends know (not just on here).   

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 23, 2013 at 6:42 AM
Sad thing is, is we r not married but I have talked to him about counciling. He always says he will but never does. I'm lost I just can't believe I'm going through this. I've never been alone.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 23, 2013 at 6:44 AM
I want to be happy, I want my son to be happy! I don't wanna live with a cheater. I really wish it wasn't 4:45 in the morning or id be calling some friends! I just don't know what to do.

Quoting stace101:

poor you - make sure all your friends know about it so u can get some support when u give him an ultimatum. do you want him to leave or do you want him to stay and respect you? either way make sure your friends know (not just on here).   

3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Jun. 23, 2013 at 6:46 AM
Hugs and sorry you're going through this.
cinnamonkiti
by Platinum Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 6:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Sorry if this seems blunt, but this man clearly does not want to be with you.Don't try to force a relationship with someone who does not want one. In your post, you stated you have been together for 8 years, but you did not say whether or not you are married. If you are not, I say you need to just tell him he needs to move out. 

If you are not willing to end things with him, then I suggest that you start doing more for yourself. Go back to school, start spending more time with friends...have a better life outside of him than you do with him. The less you depend on him, the more he is going to look your way.

A lot of men tend to look outside their relationships because is either too much or too little that they are getting from their SO. If you are the needy sort(which according to this post it seems like maybe you are), then he may be feeling suffocated by you. If you are the more independent sort, he may be seeking that need from someone else.

Men need to be needed. They need to know that "their woman" needs them for certain things in their life...whether it is to provide financial security, comfort, safety, etc. A lot of times, if the woman is getting those things on her own, her man won't feel necessary, and will look for someone that they can meet those needs for.

On the other hand, they do not want to be needed too much. They don't want to feel like the responsibility for your very existence lies on their shoulders. That's a lot of pressure, and many men will look outside the relationship for a less complicated woman, as kind of a stress relief.

None of this makes cheating ok, but it does put it in perspective. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 23, 2013 at 6:56 AM
Part 1 of the problem. Together 8 years with a 3 year old and not married.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sad thing is, is we r not married but I have talked to him about counciling. He always says he will but never does. I'm lost I just can't believe I'm going through this. I've never been alone.

Quoting Anonymous:

stace101
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 6:56 AM

you say you want to be happy, and you don't want to live with a cheater. So that means u want to get away - SO as soon as practical, call all your female friends and let them know what's happening. a few may give you some stupid excuse but most will help because they are friends - i know i would and i know my friends would help me. there is NOTHING stronger in this world than female comradeship (mainly cos men r such -----------------).  

Quoting Anonymous:

I want to be happy, I want my son to be happy! I don't wanna live with a cheater. I really wish it wasn't 4:45 in the morning or id be calling some friends! I just don't know what to do.

Quoting stace101:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 23, 2013 at 7:00 AM
Thank you;)

Quoting stace101:

you say you want to be happy, and you don't want to live with a cheater. So that means u want to get away - SO as soon as practical, call all your female friends and let them know what's happening. a few may give you some stupid excuse but most will help because they are friends - i know i would and i know my friends would help me. there is NOTHING stronger in this world than female comradeship (mainly cos men r such -----------------).  

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting stace101:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN