Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My daughter is a WHAT?!!!!!

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 8:47 AM
  • 296 Replies

I am furious about an incident that happened at school Friday and have been silently fuming all weekend. My dd 10 has her own cute way of dressing and has a very positive self image. She likes high tops and skirts with leggings and things like that. A boy in her 4th grade class told her that she thinks she is all that because of the way that she dresses and she is a douchebag!

I am livid. I asked her if she told the teacher and she said her feelings were so hurt that she just went to the bathroom and cried. I want to wring his neck! But my options are these; tomorrow is field day and I can call the principal and have him be punished and not attend or because it is the last week of school I can teach my daughter to turn the other cheek and let it go. What would you do?

by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 8:49 AM
14 moms liked this
Kids namecall
Doesnt make it right, but you cant fight all her battles for her
The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 8:50 AM
2 moms liked this
I'd teach her to let it go.
white_wolf454
by Platinum Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 8:50 AM

let it go for now 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 23, 2013 at 8:51 AM
Leave it alone for now. If it gets to bad and he is constantly doing it then i will say somethibg.could you show us and examle of her clothing?
dtm1491
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 8:51 AM

She asked me if it was bullying. I said no, it is namecalling. But douchebag? That's bad.

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

Kids namecall
Doesnt make it right, but you cant fight all her battles for her

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 23, 2013 at 8:51 AM
Let it go. Kids can be mean to each other unfortunately.
teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 8:52 AM
6 moms liked this
Ruining his field day over one insult is unreasonable. Unless this is part on an ongoing pattern of picking on her, it needs to be shaken off. A kid needs to be able to take an occasional insult without being devastated into tears.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Godfrey
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this

there is a point in her life where she will need to learn to pick her battles... this one is not worth the energy btw my daughter is just like yours... lives in short shorts and skits with leggings and brightly colors mismatched socks XD

AviannasMama
by Silver Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 8:52 AM
If my mom called everytime some kid hurt my feeling, she would hsve been calling daily. Not to mention, she will probably get picked on More for running and crying to mommy. Kids are mean. Shes gotta learn sometime
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 23, 2013 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this
You gotta Let it go. She'll be called worse I'm sure. You gonna be there every time someone calls her a name?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured