Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Being compared to the ex

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies

Does you SO compare you to his ex often? Even if it's some what bashing her? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 23, 2013 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonandon
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 11:47 AM
He did once. Never again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ms_mom_81
by Gold Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Nope. He does not compare me to anyone at all. He does not bash her at all either.  I am glad.  I think twice before being with someone who bashes an ex and takes no responsibility.

nancym3
by Silver Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 11:49 AM
No. Never.
melschlegs
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 11:50 AM

He used to, when we first started dating (when it wasn't completely serious).  Once he realized that what we had was going somewhere, and that I was nothing like his ex (the prior as a result of the latter, lol), he stopped that dead in its tracks.

elliem87
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 11:51 AM
No he does not.

But then again, I'm not a cheating meth addicted child abusing hoe.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 23, 2013 at 11:52 AM

My boyfriend has admitted his faults in the demise of their marriage, but his ex acts like she did nothing wrong at all. But, he on a regular basis compares everything I do to her, weather it be me doing laundry, cooking dinner, and cleaning. I told him I was frustrated that I've been working out and eating healthy, but I've mainained the same weight for 2 weeks (finally started losing it!) and he said his ex lost this much weight doing this...it's just frustrating. I've told him it's annoying and I'm tired of being compared to her, but he still does it. He's an amazing man, and we get along perfectly, that's just the one thing I get annoyed with.

Quoting Ms_mom_81:

Nope. He does not compare me to anyone at all. He does not bash her at all either.  I am glad.  I think twice before being with someone who bashes an ex and takes no responsibility.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 23, 2013 at 11:54 AM
I told my dh along with other ex's: "I am not your ex... Whatever happened was between you and needs to stay there. We are fresh and new and we need to start on a clean slate." The second they lose sight of that I break up with them. My dh did it once when we went out to the bar and he couldn't find me for 10 minutes (I had a bad reaction to a drink and was in the bathroom) he freaked and started talking ably his ex and how she lied to him of her whereabouts... I stopped him right there and walked away. I didnt want to feed into it and told him "I understand why you'd act or feel this way but I do not deserve this."

He has worked through his issues and we've been doing great...
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 23, 2013 at 11:54 AM

He doesn't have any ex's :)  Nothing to compare me to....he pretty much worships the ground that I walk on. Love the man!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 23, 2013 at 11:55 AM

We've talked about her before in great length, mainly because her father ended up marrying my dh's aunt after they broke up. His ex is now part of his family and we have to see her often, she has also been known to start shit often. Anyway, when she is mentioned or a comparison is being made it is ALWAYS painting her in a negative light. Basically he makes me look like a goddess compared to her, it's nice. The best part is that I don't even have to do anything to be better. I just have to not cheat on him with 11 different guys in their bed while constantly screaming at him and hitting him. Easy enough lol.

MommyBoha
by Ruby Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 11:55 AM
never
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)