Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Over heard my niece telling my nephew she's a lesbian..***Edit..Update..texted her brother

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 12:38 PM
  • 233 Replies

Last night I was over at my sister's house, I was talking to her, then the phone rang, and she went to go talk in the other room. I was in the kitchen, and my nephew was in the living room watching TV(Kitchen and living room are right by each other), he's 23 and visiting at home. My niece who's 16, went into the living room, and asked him if she could tell him something "Yeah, sure" then she tells him that she's a lesbian. He reacted alright, gave her a hug and told her it didn't matter to him, they'll always be siblings, and that he loves her. They aren't really close, so I thought that was weird, well you know, they don't hate each other, but they aren't "buddies" that regularly hangout, but anyway, I'm really shocked, my niece is a total girly girl that I figured was boy crazy(obviously not since she told her brother she was confused at 11 and realized at 14 that she's a lesbian.) I'm kind of weirded out, and wondering if I should tell my sister what I over heard..should I tell her?

Edit- I also forgot to mention that she said she's been with her girlfriend for over a YEAR now. No one even knew she had one. Except for me and her brother now. His reaction- "That's cool. Just be careful.." WTF. How is he so calm..honestly, it's great he accepts her, but that fact that he's so calm..

Update- I texted him and admitted that I was eavesdropping..some of you were right..he said he already had suspected shes a lesbian for a while..because some of her remarks and behaviors struck him as "odd" but said he never cared, even the first time he wondered...wtf 

by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 12:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 12:39 PM
6 moms liked this

No, it's not your place to do that.

UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 12:40 PM
8 moms liked this
No!
That's for your niece to tell her mother, not you. She'll tell her when she's ready.
KylesWifey
by Silver Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Eh keep your nose out of their business, she will tell her mom when she's ready.

Anonandon
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Absolutely not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SJG1013
by SJG on Jun. 23, 2013 at 12:41 PM
It's none of your business.

MommyBoha
by Ruby Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 12:41 PM
no, not your place
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nancym3
by Silver Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Why are you weirded out? If she's into girls, she's into girls. Doesn't change who she is.
tattedmommi
by Silver Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 12:43 PM
No No No that's something she needs to do!
lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 12:43 PM
It's not your place. She will tell the important people in her life when she is ready.
Crashly
by Gold Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 12:43 PM
No! Let your niece tell her mom. It's none of your business. And why would you be weirded out? Just because your niece is a lesbian it doesn't change who she is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured