Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You're making me homesick with your Pure Michigan commercials. And the Grand Rapids one, that was just plain evil.

by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Replies (11-20):
jadedcynic
by Nerdalicious on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:20 PM

I'd trade Arizona heat for green spaces and 4 seasons.

Quoting elzingah36:

I've lived in Michigan all my life.I'm 39. I definitely would mind leaving.

yabbadabba07
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:21 PM
Love Tim Allen, seriously miss Michigan, but i hate the pure Michigan campaign.
smcnee
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:22 PM
I live in Grand Rapids but have never seen any of the places shown in the commercial lol
acook0331
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Damn him, now I miss Michigan and I only lived there for a year after I was born.  lol.

Peytons_Mama09
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:24 PM
I wouldn't mind leaving here. I'll trade you :)
elzingah36
by Gold Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:30 PM
Ah,the grass is always greener on the other side. I live in Muskegon,Michigan. The four seasons are extremely sporadic and the summers last from the beginning of May to sometimes the middle if October. The summers are full of extreme heat&terrible humidity.for an asthmatic it's horrible.fall happens for about a month then there's winter that usually hits in November and lasts til about the middle of april,little bit of disgusting"spring" and then boom...summer again. No state is perfect but 39yrs of this mess and I'm more than ready for a whole new mess.

Quoting jadedcynic:

Quoting elzingah36:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jadedcynic
by Nerdalicious on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:33 PM

I grew up in Michigan. I am familiar with it's frequent bipolar shifts. What I can no longer stand is 110 degrees for 9 months out of the year and absolutely no green at all. Desert landscaping means that literally, the grass is greener on the Michigan side.

Quoting elzingah36:

Ah,the grass is always greener on the other side. I live in Muskegon,Michigan. The four seasons are extremely sporadic and the summers last from the beginning of May to sometimes the middle if October. The summers are full of extreme heat&terrible humidity.for an asthmatic it's horrible.fall happens for about a month then there's winter that usually hits in November and lasts til about the middle of april,little bit of disgusting"spring" and then boom...summer again. No state is perfect but 39yrs of this mess and I'm more than ready for a whole new mess.

Quoting jadedcynic:

Quoting elzingah36:

elzingah36
by Gold Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:35 PM
Neither have I.I lived in grand haven for 36 yrs...then moved to Muskegon,been living here for three yrs. Nothing special in Michigan. It's great if ones tourist..it's always seemed like one big tourist attraction to me.
How long have you lived in gr/mi?

Quoting smcnee:

I live in Grand Rapids but have never seen any of the places shown in the commercial lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elzingah36
by Gold Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Only if one can afford it. I still would love to get out of here. Personally,I hate Michigan. I only wish I could move to a different state lol!

Quoting jadedcynic:

I grew up in Michigan. I am familiar with it's frequent bipolar shifts. What I can no longer stand is 110 degrees for 9 months out of the year and absolutely no green at all. Desert landscaping means that literally, the grass is greener on the Michigan side.

Quoting elzingah36:

Quoting jadedcynic:

Quoting elzingah36:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jadedcynic
by Nerdalicious on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Trade you.

Quoting elzingah36:

Only if one can afford it. I still would love to get out of here. Personally,I hate Michigan. I only wish I could move to a different state lol!

Quoting jadedcynic:

Quoting elzingah36:

Quoting jadedcynic:

Quoting elzingah36:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)