Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

B••••y girl at a restaurant today

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 573 Replies
2 moms liked this

My family and I went to Applebees for some food this afternoon. The food was taking a long time, and my 3 year old was getting restless, so I let him walk around. The restaurant was literally almost entirely empty in our section.

The only table was a girl who looked college age, eating alone with reading a book. My 3 year old wandered up to her and smiled and said hi. She gave him a tight smile and didn't say anything. He asked how she was, and she looked at him and said "Go back to your parent's table. I'm trying to read and you're bothering me". 

My son burst into tears, and when I jumped up to get him, told her she didn't have to be mean and could have just said hello. She told me I "do my job and watch my kid" and rolled her eyes. I called her a bitch.

We asked to be moved to another section. What would you have done?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 23, 2013 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IamMex11
by JorgematoTM on Jun. 23, 2013 at 9:47 PM
46 moms liked this

you called her a bitch in front of your child and she's the bitch?

nancym3
by Silver Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 9:47 PM
1 mom liked this
She probably could have been a tad nicer. Maybe she doesn't like small children?

I wouldn't have let my kid walk around.
chloedee
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 9:47 PM
67 moms liked this

Don't let your kid wander around and bother people. Problem solved. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 23, 2013 at 9:48 PM
28 moms liked this

You were way in the wrong.  Why would you let your three year old bug other patrons in the restaurant, not to mention just go up and yak with strangers??  The girl did you a favor by telling you to do your job, and you insult her by swearing at her?  I would have kicked your ass honestly.

FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 9:48 PM
24 moms liked this
I wouldn't have let my kid walk around the restaurant in the first place. But if my kid had managed to bother someone who was trying to read quietly, I would've apologized.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 23, 2013 at 9:49 PM
7 moms liked this
I don't see how she is in the wrong. She just wanted to enjoy a quiet dinner and not be bothered.
livelaughlov26
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 9:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't think you should have called her a bitch in front of your kid but she was being rude. I love kids so Idk. Ireally dont like people who are rude to kids. I don't get it. I understand you lost your temper though when you called her that. And I can't blame you. I would be mad too.
NotTheirMom99
1 mom liked this

Not let my child bother other people.

kylenkodysmom
by Silver Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 9:49 PM
7 moms liked this
I would've found something else to keep my child occupied while waiting for our food. IMO, children should not be wandering around a restaraunt.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
poshkat
22 moms liked this
Yeahhh...he was bothering her. You are rude and your self of entitlement is horrible. Not everyone has to be nice to your child or any child. How do you know she wasn't studying?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)