Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

B••••y girl at a restaurant today

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My family and I went to Applebees for some food this afternoon. The food was taking a long time, and my 3 year old was getting restless, so I let him walk around. The restaurant was literally almost entirely empty in our section.

The only table was a girl who looked college age, eating alone with reading a book. My 3 year old wandered up to her and smiled and said hi. She gave him a tight smile and didn't say anything. He asked how she was, and she looked at him and said "Go back to your parent's table. I'm trying to read and you're bothering me". 

My son burst into tears, and when I jumped up to get him, told her she didn't have to be mean and could have just said hello. She told me I "do my job and watch my kid" and rolled her eyes. I called her a bitch.

We asked to be moved to another section. What would you have done?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 23, 2013 at 9:45 PM
Replies (571-573):
mattiehatter
by Mary on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:17 PM
You shouldn't have let your kid wander if there was another person there. You're wrong.
katemckenzie
by Kate on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:33 PM

She could have been nicer about it, but she didn't have to talk to your kid. You didn't have to call her a bitch in front of him either. Perhaps she doesn't like kids. I think YOU'RE the bitch for expecting everyone to be nice to your children.

PestPatti
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:36 PM

NO one is required to talk to kids, and not everyone is going to.  Get over it.. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)