Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Biracial children and family members racist comment...

Posted by   + Show Post

I am white and my sons father is Puerto Rican.  We were together for ten years but I left him in April.  I am pretty postive he cheated on my and he is very controlling and abusive.  I had enough, but this is a man that I love dearly.  I did not leave him because I do not love him, I left because I was tired of all of the drama and it was hurting my children.  I have a 13 year old son and together we share a 5 year old son.  

I moved 5 hours away from my SO and now live near my brother.  I have been feeling really lonely and isolated.   

My father passed away one year ago yesterday and me and my brother got into an arguement because he took my 13 year old sons bike that my dad gave to him and put the handle bars onto his sons bike.  My son was not using the bike, but still.... my brother did not even ask me if he could do that and I wanted the bike in one peice.  There is nothing wrong with it, it just has two flat tires.  Anyway I was upset that he did this and on the anniversary of my dads passing just made it worse.  

I called my mom to vent and she in turn went and called my brother because he really upset me.  Yelling and cursing at me because I said how I felt.  So, he also yelled at my mom and somehow brought my sons father into it and called him a SPIC.  

I am upset he said this, one because I still love this man and two because my son is Puerto Rican also.  Is feeling offended an over reaction????  Should I say something or leave it alone and let it pass.  Basically I have been hiding in my house since yesterday.  What do I do or say???  Please help me, I am a mess.

by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 11:37 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:18 AM
...but that's what he is! You choose to get involved with a Puerto Rican, he beat and abused you and your children, and you're upset because he was called what he truly is??
jj4ij
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:23 AM

Only problem with this is that I just moved and I do not know anybody here.  I am 5 hours away from where I am from, alone for the first time in a very long time and the only people I know here are my brother and his family.  This makes it awkward for me to say something.  I need someone to talk to, some type of human interaction other than my kids.....

Quoting Anonymous:

I would ask him out right if that is how he feels about my son as well and if he said some slick shit, I would have no problem cutting my brother out of my life to stand up for my child.

jj4ij
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:25 AM

No, he is Hispanic....  hence the SPIC reference.

Quoting Anonymous:

Is Puerto Rican a race?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:26 AM
Go to the library, the local YMCA or wherever and make some friends. With family like that, who needs enemies?

Quoting jj4ij:

Only problem with this is that I just moved and I do not know anybody here.  I am 5 hours away from where I am from, alone for the first time in a very long time and the only people I know here are my brother and his family.  This makes it awkward for me to say something.  I need someone to talk to, some type of human interaction other than my kids.....

Quoting Anonymous:

I would ask him out right if that is how he feels about my son as well and if he said some slick shit, I would have no problem cutting my brother out of my life to stand up for my child.

IamMex11
by JorgematoTM on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:28 AM

you went from bad to worse. go to a shelter.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:28 AM
umm, no. A Spic is a derogatory term, like cracker, whitey, negro, colored, etc. Her ex may be an abusive asshole, but that doesn't make it okay to stereotype against all Puerto Ricans.

Quoting Anonymous:

...but that's what he is! You choose to get involved with a Puerto Rican, he beat and abused you and your children, and you're upset because he was called what he truly is??
jj4ij
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you.  I was just going to leave that reply alone.  You said it just right though.  

Quoting Anonymous:

umm, no. A Spic is a derogatory term, like cracker, whitey, negro, colored, etc. Her ex may be an abusive asshole, but that doesn't make it okay to stereotype against all Puerto Ricans.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:30 AM
Agreed. Your brother is just as bad as your ex. He is being just as abusive towards you with thinking it is okay to steal from you and then verbally abusing you and your son indirectly.

Quoting IamMex11:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jj4ij
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:31 AM

I am not living with my brother.  I have my own house.  I just live in the same development as my brother and he is the only person I know out here.  I moved 5 hours away from where I lived my whole life to start over, going to a shelter would do me no good.

Quoting IamMex11:

jj4ij
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:32 AM

Right about now, I am feeling the same way.  Who is he to judge my ex, when he is being the same way.  Somehow I became  a doormat.  I do not like being a doormat.

Quoting Anonymous:

Agreed. Your brother is just as bad as your ex. He is being just as abusive towards you with thinking it is okay to steal from you and then verbally abusing you and your son indirectly.

Quoting IamMex11:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)