Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

home tooth removal

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:07 AM
  • 39 Replies
So, here's the info. I have bad teeth. It's genetics. I do everything right down to flossing. I have one tooth left out of all of my molars/back teeth. It's bad. It hurts. It needs to go. I'm thinking about making incisions and removing it myself. Even with insurance I can't afford to have it done. I have antibiotics I can take afterwards. I have a high pain tolerance. Anyone else do this?
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Keara20
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:42 AM
I wouldn't omg scary
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:42 AM
Don't do that. There are so many things that can go wrong. You need to find a way to go to the dentist.
Mommy_Jenx3
by Ruby Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:42 AM

Omg, I could never imagine doing that. Check into a care credit card. You can make payments on it with it being interest free past a certain amount. No way would I mess with something like that. Tooth pain is horrible!!!

BeAmour
by Tonya on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:42 AM
Oh no no
MommySwiggles
by Gold Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:42 AM
You're nuts.
Angelicembrace
by The Dorkfish on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:43 AM
No, don't. A friend of my moms did it and died.
Tooth_Inspector
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:43 AM
I would highly recommend NOT removing a tooth at your house! You have no idea what your roots look like and if there is the slightest of curves or bends, you will break the root off inside and then you will have to go to a dentist to get that removed once it becomes infected. It's so risky! I would recommend finding a dental school or a sliding scale office. Good luck!
Logan_Bellasmom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:44 AM
That is one of the dumbest ideas I have heard in a long time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Grumpylilpixy
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:44 AM

hell NO... 

AprilDJC
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:44 AM
Check for dental training schools near you. My mom went to one, and after her insurance paid, she didn't have to pay anything else and that was for root canal And crown! Don't do it yourself, way too much could go wrong!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)