Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who does this?

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:08 AM
  • 58 Replies
We're currently living in a duplex while we save money to buy. Its not horrible, but in the meantime, we have to share a front yard, and mine and my neighbor's doors are cattycorner to eachother.

Our doors don't come with screen doors but the neighbors found one and put it on their door and I swear all day, their door stays open while they have their screen door closed so they can see everything.

If I walk on to the porch to go into the garage and do laundry, they see me, if we're coming home with groceries they'll sit in their living room watching us. If we have someone over, they stare. Wtf?

Does anyone else do this? Are they nosey or just weird? I find it to be nosey as hell and wish they'd juat shut their door and quit watching everything that goes on outside.
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
robibuni
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:13 AM
Bump!
ballerina18
by Gold Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:15 AM
2 moms liked this

Sounds like they are nosy. Sorry, I don't think there is much you can do about it. Good luck saving money to buy a home!

l0nely
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:16 AM
Are they old people?
Leissaintexas
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:18 AM

I can't believe they would be ok with people looking in on them! I'd hate to have my door standing open like that. Weird.

robibuni
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:18 AM
Okay I think so too. I thought we were the weird ones. Unless my kids are outside, I don't care overall whats going on out there or who someone has over, etc.

And thanks. We're thinking we'll be ready in the next 12 months :)

Quoting ballerina18:

Sounds like they are nosy. Sorry, I don't think there is much you can do about it. Good luck saving money to buy a home!

robibuni
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:20 AM
No. The wife is 40 and her husband is like, 32. They're pretty trashy. Anytime we come home we can feel them watching us as we carry in groceries or something.

Quoting l0nely:

Are they old people?

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like they like fresh air, you sound a little paranoid...
wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:23 AM

Are they physically at the door watching? In the spring and fall we leave our door open too, we like fresh air.

ballerina18
by Gold Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:23 AM

Nice! That's about our timeline to buy a home too! We're hoping to start looking at homes this coming December and find something before our lease ends in July 2014. I've already been keeping my eye on the market, but it's frustrating. Homes are so expensive where we live.

Quoting robibuni:

Okay I think so too. I thought we were the weird ones. Unless my kids are outside, I don't care overall whats going on out there or who someone has over, etc.

And thanks. We're thinking we'll be ready in the next 12 months :)

robibuni
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:23 AM
Paranoid? Nah. I just want a little privacy outside sometimes...they don't always need to see us outside, right?

Quoting luckysevenwow:

Sounds like they like fresh air, you sound a little paranoid...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured