Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
We're currently living in a duplex while we save money to buy. Its not horrible, but in the meantime, we have to share a front yard, and mine and my neighbor's doors are cattycorner to eachother.

Our doors don't come with screen doors but the neighbors found one and put it on their door and I swear all day, their door stays open while they have their screen door closed so they can see everything.

If I walk on to the porch to go into the garage and do laundry, they see me, if we're coming home with groceries they'll sit in their living room watching us. If we have someone over, they stare. Wtf?

Does anyone else do this? Are they nosey or just weird? I find it to be nosey as hell and wish they'd juat shut their door and quit watching everything that goes on outside.
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:08 AM
Replies (51-58):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:13 PM

We live in duplex too and have a nosy neighbor. Ours are side by side and we have to walk past her unit to get to ours. She always leaves her screen door open too and when she sees us coming she will always come outside to talk to us. I knda feel bad for her because she lives alone with her 4 cats and I'm sure she gets a little lonely. But we still kinda avoid her if we can because she will talk forever (a short conversation with her is 30 min).

robibuni
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:13 PM

heh, we know our neighbors all too well! They're trashy, smoking and drinking constantly, there's been some domestic violence issues...its a big clusterfuck with them.

We stay inside as much as possible but since our front yard is so big, my girls want to go outside and play so we can't be inside all the time! I just hate how close we are. If we were in a normal suburb with houses, and not duplexes, it wouldn't be a big deal to have a screen door open. I just think when you're living in close quarters with others, be reasonable in regards to others' privacy.

Quoting emmypaige:

IDK the neighbor across the street used to just be nosy, and watch... Then the house got broken into, she saw it happen, and was too scared to call the police?! IDK weird. Anyway some people just like to keep the door open, and look around. I would just go inside for privacy until I moved... or you could just talk to them a lot, and maybe they'll get annoyed then stop staring.

MrsMiles85
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Love this!  Lets even make a party out of it, invite abunch of friends over and sit there with popcorn and drinks just staring at them! 

Quoting Anonymous:

Stare back.  Have your guests sit and face their door staring at them.

Or maybe move to the back yard.

robibuni
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:16 PM

We never have people over because of them!!

One time, my BFF came over and when she knocked on our door, I opened it up and let her in. She was all weirded out because they had their door open and the neighbor's kid was like "Who is that?" and the mom was like "Well they're not fucking here for us....I don't know!" because apparently, we can't have people over ourselves.

Quoting Anonymous:

Stare back.  Have your guests sit and face their door staring at them.

Or maybe move to the back yard.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:16 PM
You sound a little paranoid. Lol
robibuni
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:18 PM

See this is us! We have to CROSS her unit to get into our garage so anytime I do laundry (our laundry room is in the garage), they see us! Anytime we're standing at our door to lock it, come in, etc, they're watching us from the living room, like "Wow look at those people with the groceries". It just feels awkward.

I KNOW they're nosey...they got into other neighbors' business, and the wife will sit there talking shit about people TO me and I'm thinking "Yeah I really don't care..."

Quoting Anonymous:

We live in duplex too and have a nosy neighbor. Ours are side by side and we have to walk past her unit to get to ours. She always leaves her screen door open too and when she sees us coming she will always come outside to talk to us. I knda feel bad for her because she lives alone with her 4 cats and I'm sure she gets a little lonely. But we still kinda avoid her if we can because she will talk forever (a short conversation with her is 30 min).

robibuni
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:30 PM

A lot of people have been saying that but I swear I'm not. It's just annoying and awkward, y'know? I avoid them at all costs since they're trashy (IE: smoking, drinking, domestic violence issues), but its damn near impossible when anytime we step outside they have their door open!

Quoting Anonymous:

You sound a little paranoid. Lol

Val99
by Ruby Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:33 PM

A friend of mine was in an apartment with a window in his office that was at a 90 degree angle to a window in the neighboring apartment.  The guy there used to stare in while he worked on the computer until he decided to give him something to look at and surfed the web in the nude.  The guy stopped staring at him from that point on.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)