Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Son is 20months old and he says it hurts

Posted by   + Show Post
He says Ouch and touches his penis. Its been going on for a week or so. He has no red or rash around that area. What could it be??
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:13 AM
Replies (11-20):
1likeme
by Gold Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:43 AM
Could be a UTI. Take him into the doctor and ask them to do a urinalysis.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:43 AM

Quoting Miss_Sheila:

No hes not circumsozed

Quoting aidensmomma12:

Is he circumcised? If not, I don't know what it could be. He might need to see a pediatrician.

I dont have a son so I dont really know lol but I have heard the skin can get tight around the head. Do you think maybe that happened and its hurting him?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:44 AM

maybe that's what he's calling his penis? does it hurt when he touch it like does he cry or is his urine a different color than usual? 

you could take him to the dr. but if he isn't feeling any discomfort maybe nothing is really wrong.

Blue_Spiral
by Gold Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:44 AM

She said there is NO rash...

Quoting Anonymous:

Umm probably a good reason to take him to the doctor do you really need it spelled out for you??? 

Kid + rash + pain = your responsibility to take him to the doctor! 

I will never understand when parents let things go forever and then act like they have no clue of what they should have done. We're not doctors. Take your kid to the doctor TOMORROW. 

RiotousDigits
by Ruby Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:44 AM

my DD had her first UTI at 4 months and continued having them for almost 2 years (kidney reflux is fun)

they will need a urine sample which will involve taping a collection bag to his groin (they don't pee in a cup at that age).  Be sure to load him up with liquids and bring a nice full sippy of his favorite.

if they can't get a good sample with the bag, they'll have to cath him and that's a REAL ouch!

Quoting Miss_Sheila:

Hes so small but i will take him to the doc this week

Quoting mygirls53:

Maybe a uti?

Anonandon
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:45 AM
Same with my 2.5 year old. There's always a new ouchie that needs attention.

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe a UTI? or maybe hes like my 20 month old dd and its his favorite word lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Blue_Spiral
by Gold Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:45 AM

If you haven't already, join a board for moms of intact boys to help you if you have any questions after visiting a doctor.

It's surprising what they can help with.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:46 AM

my son did that and it out the skin around the head of his penis was split.  We later found out he was being molested.  I'd have him checked out by a doctor, it could be nothing, but worth getting looked at.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:47 AM

I read it I have no idea why I reversed it when I wrote it. I still stand by take a child to the doctor when they've been complaining for a week. A UTI can cause bigger problems if thats what it is. 

Quoting Blue_Spiral:

She said there is NO rash...

Quoting Anonymous:

Umm probably a good reason to take him to the doctor do you really need it spelled out for you??? 

Kid + rash + pain = your responsibility to take him to the doctor! 

I will never understand when parents let things go forever and then act like they have no clue of what they should have done. We're not doctors. Take your kid to the doctor TOMORROW. 

tardistraveller
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:47 AM

reading fail.

Quoting Anonymous:

Kid + pain = your responsibility to take him to the doctor! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)