Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Son is 20months old and he says it hurts

Posted by   + Show Post
He says Ouch and touches his penis. Its been going on for a week or so. He has no red or rash around that area. What could it be??
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:13 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:48 AM

Maybe you should have gotten him circumsized then. Do'H!

doodasmomma
by Anita on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:50 AM

Is it when he is peeing or just randomly. My ds would hurt when he needed to pee. We took him to the doctor, did the uti test and all that stuff and got sent to a urologist. It was his poop backed up and was causing the pain. She said that they get kids in all the time with that problem. He now takes a stool softener and has no pain. But, simply put, I recommend taking him to the doctor.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:50 AM

bump

tnt1014
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:51 AM
When my older son was about 3 he complained of his penis hurting, he woudn't even let me touch it to wash him(and he wouldnt wash it himself). I had my husband check (because I didn't see anything wrong) turns out he had a piece of hair wrapped tightly around his penis. We got it off and took him to the dr the next day to make sure there was nothing else wrong and he was fine after that.

Check for hair or maybe a wayward string from his clothing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:51 AM
I would of taken him to the doctors if he's repeating it all day long. Saying the same thing. Listen to him. Saying it for a week and you doing nothing is ridiculous. Don't ask us, ask his peds!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:52 AM

I don't disagree that she should take him to a doctor but I understand the hesitation.

For weeks my toddler pointed out "eyes" in my closet and said there were bad guys there.

You can't ALWAYS take a toddler's babbling seriously.

There are a lot more factors.

Quoting Anonymous:

I read it I have no idea why I reversed it when I wrote it. I still stand by take a child to the doctor when they've been complaining for a week. A UTI can cause bigger problems if thats what it is. 

Quoting Blue_Spiral:

She said there is NO rash...

Quoting Anonymous:

Umm probably a good reason to take him to the doctor do you really need it spelled out for you??? 

Kid + rash + pain = your responsibility to take him to the doctor! 

I will never understand when parents let things go forever and then act like they have no clue of what they should have done. We're not doctors. Take your kid to the doctor TOMORROW. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:52 AM

take him to a doctor...a week is a little long to just let something like that go...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:54 AM

he is probably irritated. Maybe he got soap in the tip. See how it is in the AM, and call his MD then.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:54 AM

when my son was that age, he hurt his knee playing outside.  nothing major... bandaid and kisses and all was well.  healed up nicely.

for SIX MONTHS that child would wander up out of the blue, point to that knee and say "Ouch!"  Little guy liked showing off his battle scars, i guess.

Not saying it's the same for your guy, but it's a thought.  I'd still get him into the doctor.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:55 AM

oh, go suck a lemon.

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe you should have gotten him circumsized then. Do'H!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)