Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Son is 20months old and he says it hurts

Posted by   + Show Post
He says Ouch and touches his penis. Its been going on for a week or so. He has no red or rash around that area. What could it be??
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:13 AM
Replies (31-39):
rliperote2
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:56 AM

bladder  or kidney infection 

SoldotnaMama
by Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:56 AM

Uncircumcised boys can easily get yeast infections AND diaper rash between their foreskins and their penises.  I found this out the hard way, because my firstborn son's pediatrician didn't believe in circumcision  & talked me out of getting him one.  He went through no end of probmens, not least of which was when he started school and his organ looked different from the other boys' (we lived in the Bible Belt at the time).  Needless to say, his two little brothers both got circumcised.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:56 AM

Yes, we should cut off any body parts that might get an owie. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe you should have gotten him circumsized then. Do'H!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:59 AM

We took DS to the Dr thinking he had a UTI.  She said it was rare that he would have one(DS is 7 and circ'd, yes I went anon to avoid bashing)  He had not been feeling well the week before but was fine since.  He had strep throat and his pain was from the strep. We have been to the er twice since and they tried doing xrays. I asked they do a strep test and he came back pos both times.

Im not saying he has strep Im saying Ive been told for DS whos been cut that its rare for little boys to have UTIs.  Good luck and hope he feel better.  If he pops a fever take him to the ER right away though!

Miss_Sheila
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:01 AM
Ok thanks for the useful comments. Its just random when he says ouch i check his penis and he has mini erection im not sure if it hurts cause its erect..... ill be taking him tommarow morning.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:02 AM
This happened to my nephew. But he had a rash on his penis, it was strep. I would have never believed it if I didn't know him!

Quoting Anonymous:

We took DS to the Dr thinking he had a UTI.  She said it was rare that he would have one(DS is 7 and circ'd, yes I went anon to avoid bashing)  He had not been feeling well the week before but was fine since.  He had strep throat and his pain was from the strep. We have been to the er twice since and they tried doing xrays. I asked they do a strep test and he came back pos both times.

Im not saying he has strep Im saying Ive been told for DS whos been cut that its rare for little boys to have UTIs.  Good luck and hope he feel better.  If he pops a fever take him to the ER right away though!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:02 AM

Circed boys can get yeast infections too. Anytime there are folds, you are more susceptible to them. it is not a big deal. Girls get them too. Just wash and dry well. Use some cream if needed. I am sorry you found it so challenging to keep your child healthy without medical intervention. People act like its the end of the world when an intact child gets an irritation. 

I find it really weird that your son and his friends were comparing penises. 

I am sorry that you live in a shitty area, and you and your kids have to conform to peer pressure. 

Quoting SoldotnaMama:

Uncircumcised boys can easily get yeast infections AND diaper rash between their foreskins and their penises.  I found this out the hard way, because my firstborn son's pediatrician didn't believe in circumcision  & talked me out of getting him one.  He went through no end of probmens, not least of which was when he started school and his organ looked different from the other boys' (we lived in the Bible Belt at the time).  Needless to say, his two little brothers both got circumcised.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:06 AM

Quoting Miss_Sheila:

Ok thanks for the useful comments. Its just random when he says ouch i check his penis and he has mini erection im not sure if it hurts cause its erect..... ill be taking him tommarow morning.

Good luck.  My DS always giggled when he had a chub =/  IDK if it was the shocked face I had or HE just really thought it was funny.  Either way I hope its nothing major and all is well!

Zimmerchild
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:47 AM

It could be a UTI or Bladder infection, take him to the doctor already.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)