Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Cervical cancer? HELP! UPDATE 7.11.13

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:04 AM
  • 44 Replies
1 mom liked this

Let me start off by saying I realize that no one in here can diagnose me and I realize I should see a doctor ASAP. I'm asking for any advice/clarification from women who have had similar symptoms. I don't have insurance until August and haven't had a PAP since '08.

Most of the time, sex is painful. It usually feels as if something is being crammed further into me. (DH is not huge and this is a recent development) My periods have slowed down to 60 day cycles when I've always been regular. I had my tubes tied in '03 and the cycle thing has been going on for about a year. For awhile I freaked out and thought I was pregnant, that my tubes had come undone.

Has anyone had cervical cancer? Or these issues? I'm going crazy.

ETA: Technology is amazing. I just requested an appointment online with my previous provider. I'm hoping they can work with me on payments and I hope I can get an answer ASAP!

UPDATE:  Had my appt yesterday. Gyn is pretty sure that I have endometriosis. Info link His first step of treatment is to give me a medicine to make my period start now, since I'm already at Day 38 of a cycle. Then, I will start taking birth control pills. If this works, then I will take them indefinitely. Otherwise, we'll be looking at ablation. If it really goes bad, then its hysterectomy time. He seems pretty hopeful that bc therapy will be effective and we won't need to proceed past that. I hope so and I'm just glad to have an answer to my WHY!

by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AlohaTink
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:05 AM
You started having funky periods a year ago and they haven't resolved?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlohaTink
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:06 AM
My mom had cervical and uterine cancer almost 3 years ago and uterine cancer killed my grandmother.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Grumpylilpixy
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:07 AM

Have you ran symptoms? Normally it doesn't cause discomfort and how old are you?

DannieLou
by Mockingjay on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:07 AM

Nope. I have had shit luck when it comes to jobs these past couple of years, so I haven't been able to get checked out. Finally, a good job with insurance, just have to wait out my probationary period.

Quoting AlohaTink:

andreamarie
by Gold Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:08 AM
A bump for you mama.
DannieLou
by Mockingjay on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:08 AM

I'm sorry, that scares the hell out of me. We just lost a BIL to cancer a month ago.

Quoting AlohaTink:

My mom had cervical and uterine cancer almost 3 years ago and uterine cancer killed my grandmother.

DannieLou
by Mockingjay on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:09 AM

Ran? Like through WebMD? That site scares the crap out of me and I refuse to do it because I'll just end up with something far scarier to worry about. I just turned 33.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Have you ran symptoms? Normally it doesn't cause discomfort and how old are you?

DannieLou
by Mockingjay on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:09 AM

Thanks.

Quoting andreamarie:

A bump for you mama.

KGreen75
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:10 AM
My 40 year old cousin died from
Cervical cancer last year. She hasn't had a Pap smear in 8 years.

One night she was bleeding ver heavily and in such extreme pain she made her husband take her to the ER.

The ER doctor examined her and told her right away he is almost certain it is cervical cancer.

She followed up with a doctor the next morning, her test results were rushed and she had stage 3 cervical
Cancer. It was about a year from the ER visit to her death.

Even if you don't have insurance, go to your OB, they will work with you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlohaTink
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:11 AM
I'd head for the county health dept. I'm kind of in the same boat. I had a period a week after my regular and now I'm awaiting it to start again. If it it doesn't, in headed there ASAP.

Quoting DannieLou:

Nope. I have had shit luck when it comes to jobs these past couple of years, so I haven't been able to get checked out. Finally, a good job with insurance, just have to wait out my probationary period.

Quoting AlohaTink:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN