Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Babies shouldn't count!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 91 Replies
2 moms liked this

I'm on FS and after seeing some of the posts in here I have to say it. What I don't get is, if you qualify for food stamps, you qualify for WIC. Why does a household number automatically go up for a child that doesn't eat anything besides formula, or better yet breast milk? Seriously? When I had my son, we were already on WIC and as soon as he was born, my household number went up and we got $89 more in fs each month. Most months I don't spend that and it rolls over. Hell, I had shit rolling over from before I had him. Why not count him as a household member when he turns one? Sometimes, the state baffles me.

Wow, some of you amaze me. In one post it's "Screw the people on PA." "Take care of your own damn babies." "My money is being wasted!" But as soon as someone says "Hey, here's an idea!" It's "Mommy needs to eat more because she's breastfeeding." "Formula costs money you know." and "baby food isn't cheap." Really? Because two posts ago you all were telling people to pay for their own kids. Give me a break.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:10 AM

Umm, really? 

firebird78
by Lilly's mom on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:10 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm guessing for baby cereal and baby food
Don't remember that being free
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:10 AM
4 moms liked this

some of you guys are really obsessed with foodstamps

Anonandon
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:11 AM
That's a new one, complaining about getting too much in food stamps. What a weird night this has been.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:11 AM
You get the help, so why are you complaining?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:11 AM
1 mom liked this
I got wic when my kids were babies and I always bought quite a few cans of formula a month. When they were 6 months I still bought baby food and baby juice. Wic didnt give as much as needed.
bex55
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, move on. Formula costs money. Breast feeding mothers need to eat more. That is why.
Mommytorn
Maybe it goes up because you have to eat 2x the calories when you're breast feeding? So you're basically eating enough calories for 2 people?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Loving_My_Girls
Well moms who breastfeed need more calories. Also if they had to keep track of who gets an increase when there child turns one , they would spend more tax payers money on new software to keep the data.
TrouserMouse
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Additional members cost money, no matter how old they are. That means less money to go towards good overall.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN