Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Venting, happy f*****g anniversary

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
My wedding anniversary was today. It's been a seriously shitty week, like beyond shitty. I try to help someone and I feel like punching her husband. I've been helping care for their three boys all week, ages 2, 3, and 10, as well as help them move. With my three kids ages 4, 3, and 2 weeks in tow. On top of physically busting my ass to help them move, I forked over 800 in gas, deposit, and food to help them get into a stable situation after her husband got laid off and took a pay cut. So I'm moving boxes as big as I am, wrangling 6 kids, 3 of whom are special needs, and her husband treats me and my husband like shit, refuses to help move anything, and bitches about us getting irritated with him.

Not only does he treat us all (including his wife and kids) like shit, he gets me hurt today. My husband and I were lifting a box that weighed well over 200 pounds, and he spills water. Rather than clean it up or say something he walks off and let's me step in it, barefoot, on linoleum, walking backwards carrying a box that weighs more than I do, and I fall. That box landed square on my ducking ankle. I got the box out there and on the U-haul and start questioning the kids as to why I stepped in a puddle, he walks out and says HE spilled it, no apology, no caring just an oh well. I got hurt and he says oh well? My ankle is swollen and all kinds of pretty colors now.

On top of all if that BS, my husband got rear ended Thursday going off post with all three kids and I in the car. So we have to tangle with insurance, and don't even know if our car can be fixed, and we are worried sick. That was our ONLY vehicle.

Her husband gets pissed because she's toting us around to get our help with their move, and was nice enough to promise to help get my youngest to her dr appt on Tuesday. Oh and she helped us get home after the accident, and got me and the newborn from the ER (the rest of us checked out at the scene) before getting him from work (she was still there before he got off), and helped us get our personal belongings out of our car in case they do total it.

All I wanted to do was spend time with my husband this weekend, and celebrate that we survived the last year of pure hell our marriage went through. But instead I'm being driven almost to tears by his selfish attitude and his cussing us all out for trying to help them.

If she weren't my best friend, and if I didn't love her boys like my own I would have said a lot more than what I did when I finally snapped. Just his laziness, the attitude, the cussing, the everyone hates me bullshit finally got me. I was too steps from calling a cab, leaving, and saying to he'll with it.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:28 AM
Oh when we got rear ended we were on our way to help them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:36 AM
Couldn't read all this. Just thought you were really stupid for doing heavy lifting 2 weeks after giving birth. I don't need to read the rest.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:40 AM
Physically I'm fine. Cakewalk delivery, no complications, I came home from the hospital and cleaned my house top to bottom. Honestly if I weren't pulling my weight I would feel like the laziest piece of shit ever. Seriously I'm not the type that can sit there and watch everyone else work that hard and not do my fair share.

Quoting Anonymous:

Couldn't read all this. Just thought you were really stupid for doing heavy lifting 2 weeks after giving birth. I don't need to read the rest.
SarahFichtner
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:41 AM
What an ass i would have punched him
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:44 AM
I wanted to. But didn't feel like dealing with cops for the second time in a week.

Quoting SarahFichtner:

What an ass i would have punched him
conweis
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:47 AM
I kimd if agree with this. I remember the maternity nurse taking the car seat from me and telling SO, momma doesn't lift anything heavier than the baby for the next two weeks. My last delivery went text book perfect except for the failed epi and meconium.

Quoting Anonymous:

littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:48 AM
1 mom liked this

*sigh* that I even have to say this again....

damn chill crazy. you want your guts to fall outta your butt or what?

Quoting Anonymous:

Physically I'm fine. Cakewalk delivery, no complications, I came home from the hospital and cleaned my house top to bottom. Honestly if I weren't pulling my weight I would feel like the laziest piece of shit ever. Seriously I'm not the type that can sit there and watch everyone else work that hard and not do my fair share.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:49 AM
I was told to resume activities as tolerated. Exact wording. I was not given any restrictions.

Quoting conweis:

I kimd if agree with this. I remember the maternity nurse taking the car seat from me and telling SO, momma doesn't lift anything heavier than the baby for the next two weeks. My last delivery went text book perfect except for the failed epi and meconium.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:50 AM
You do need some serious anger management. WOW
Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

SissyAnn141
by Gold Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:51 AM

by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:44 AM

Please mail me, "PRIVATE"
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)