Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DID YOU LET YOURSELF GO SINCE GETTING MARRIED?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 279 Replies

with the added pressure of staying slim and looking good to land a husband, have you since relaxed your efforts to be slim since getting married or did having kids just completely throw your body for a loop?

have you let yourself go?  How much have you gained/lost since your marriage?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2013 at 3:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Virgo.Mama
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 3:32 AM
2 moms liked this

I let myself go before we got married. Then got pregnant. And now am finally getting my sexy back. Thankfully I skinny wrap. 

brandyluzdavid
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 3:35 AM
I got married when yds was 2 months old. My weight has been up and down (at the most 160 and lowest 90), I dont really wear make up unless it's date night or just to do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bree0922
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 3:36 AM
1 mom liked this
umm.. not really.. I'm only about 10lbs. heavier than I was when we got married. I've had 4 kids between then and now.. so, not too bad :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 24, 2013 at 3:37 AM
2 moms liked this
Yes and no, def ain't keepin it sexy as hell because I'm not trying to get anyone, but I'm still fucking hot.
PikachuLuver
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 3:37 AM

Nope :) After two kids, I weigh 25 lbs less than I did when we were married ten years ago. And I am happier. I'm good :)

3JuJu3
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 3:37 AM
1 mom liked this

I have let myself go, but it's more about the lifestyle of having children and husband rather than not having the pressure to look good.  I was much slimmer and healthier when I was single, but I also had more time to work out, I controlled all of the food that came into the house, and I was satisfied with simple meals like soup or salad.  Now I feel like I have to have a meat and starch with every meal because that's what my dh likes.  Plus we have a lot more candy and snacks in the house, and desert with two or three meals a week.  I'm at least 40lbs heavier now than when I was single.  I'm not even blaming having kids on my weight gain because my before and after weight with each child stayed close to the same (mostly because when I was pregnant I was very vigilant on eating healthy - obviously no wine, but I also cut out junk food - if I could only keep it up.)  I also like to blame my dh because he's adamant that he finds me beautiful.  Really nice, but it doesn't help me get any healthier.  ;)  

mandaday
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 3:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I've had 3 kids since getting married. I'm 10 lbs heavier, at least 5 of which I kinda needed. I definitely have not let myself go. I have no plans to either. I wasn't previously well kept to land a man. I've been well kept because I like to be.
luvmymonkeys27
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 3:39 AM

No... I think I probably look better now than I did when we got married, really (I have a better sense for how to dress, how to wear makeup etc etc now than I had then). I'm kind of a whale right now, because I'm 40+ weeks pregnant, but when I'm not pregnant I'm about the same size as I was when we met. Only difference is now my boobs are crap :( that's what three pregnancies will do to a girl, I guess lol

Amiehart62
by Gold Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 3:40 AM
I weigh the same as when we got married. We have three yr old twins and a ten month old:)
Amybelle
by Ruby Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 3:41 AM

Together over 30 yrs, Married 28, bi-weekly Mani-Pedi, once a month waxing (even the sassy bits, he likes that lol), every 5 weeks get "mah har did" (Color & trim). Exercise on the eliptipical 4-6  x a week,  Tap Classe Mons/Sat, TaeKwondo Tues/Thurs, Tahitian Dance Wed/Fri.............

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)