Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Fans storm food network site boycotting them for cancelling Paula Deen!

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:35 AM
  • 348 Replies
1 mom liked this

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/paula-deen-fans-defend-n-word-article-1.1380232

Paula Deen fans come out in record numbers yesterday to annouce boycott of the network.

I just think they should have held off till the case was over and they had a verdict.

by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lamorena774
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:36 AM
11 moms liked this

I have no sympathy for her.

BabyFruit Ticker
Click here to visit my blog: Chasing Rosie
Follow me on Instagram @aaliyahsmom
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:37 AM
7 moms liked this
She always seemed extremely fake to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheMrs407
by Emerald Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:39 AM
4 moms liked this
I thought it was a bit extreme for something that happend 40 years ago until I saw how nonchalant she was in the interview. When asked if she had said the n word, she said "Of, course!" O.o. Then it all came out that this supposedly wasn't 40 years ago and it was in the work environment. To top it off she apologized-if innocent, for what exactly?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:39 AM
10 moms liked this
I think this is being over blown. She said it almost 30 years ago.
momaof8
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Agreed and if you read my other post you would see many people have said it in their past. I think they should have waited for the case to conclude if she is vindicated they will have jumped the gun. Everyone has said something stupid in their past.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:44 AM
33 moms liked this
I'm with the fans... Paula was raised in Georgia, in the south. I myself live in Georgia as well. She grew up in a time where it was ok to say the N word, it's still very acceptable to say the n word around here. She is an old woman who was raised in a different time frame, she should not have to apologize like that, it broke my heart to see a grown woman grovel.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:46 AM
I agree with you. I think another network will offer her a contract.

Quoting momaof8:

Quoting Anonymous:

Agreed and if you read my other post you would see many people have said it in their past. I think they should have waited for the case to conclude if she is vindicated they will have jumped the gun. Everyone has said something stupid in their past.
momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:46 AM
1 mom liked this
There's like 5 Facebook pages on boycotting Food Network.
Personally, I think shame on them for firing her. But I find it a bit hypocritical for people to demand they forgive Paula for one mistake, but they don't forgive the FN for theirs, lol.
But maybe if there's enough outrage and they realize it's bad for business they'll fold. After all, it's all about number of viewers.
momof2gingers
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:49 AM
3 moms liked this
Personally I think the people making the jokes about it are worse than her using a word 27 years ago.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momaof8
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:50 AM

Quoting momto2boys973:

There's like 5 Facebook pages on boycotting Food Network.
Personally, I think shame on them for firing her. But I find it a bit hypocritical for people to demand they forgive Paula for one mistake, but they don't forgive the FN for theirs, lol.
But maybe if there's enough outrage and they realize it's bad for business they'll fold. After all, it's all about number of viewers.

I just think they jumped the gun. If it comes out that she is currently doing something wrong then fire her, but they need to wait for her case to conclude. Her deposition should have been sealed her lawyer needs to be canned.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)