Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are You Married to a Man With a Low Sex Drive?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 122 Replies
2 moms liked this

I'm at the point of filing for a divorce because I can't stand being in this sexless marriage any longer.

if you're living in a sexless marriage too, please tell me, how do you cope?

EDIT: I posted a very long response back to anon on page 6 describing in detail many of my feelings and what I have been through for almost 27 years. Please take the time to read it. I  and many other women could really use some support.

Thanks.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
QuirkyMom26
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:21 AM

sorry :(

Here's a bump for you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:23 AM
3 moms liked this

God yes.  Our marriage isn't sexless, but it is wholly unsatisfying.  When he can perform, he's very quick.  We have sex about once every 2-3 weeks. His testosterone is actually high.

Cope?  I don't.  I have a vibrator and have no shame in using it with him next to me. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:24 AM
3 moms liked this

I been doing it for several years. we have sex. but only maybe once every few months. he just doesn't want to do it. I really hoping it just some phase and he will eventually come back around. especially considering he is still so young. he only 30 years old. and he really is perfect in every other way. he works hard to support our family. he is a great father. he is still very loving and affectionate. the sex is just not there. I am not giving up yet. but I will admit I am very angry and frustrated. but I just look at and focus on the positives and that helps keep me going. its so hard tho. and I have days where I just want to pack up and go because I am just so sick and tired of it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:25 AM
2 moms liked this

We got him a physical, and discovered he had low testosterone.  He started taking testosterone shots twice a month.  Now, we have sex pretty much every day.

bchic24
by Gold Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Sorry, our marriage is only sexless because I'm pregnant and in another country. Have you talked to him about it, maybe tried new things to get him more excited? idk

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this

I guess it helps that I too have a low sex drive. Well, the truth is, I married him for love, better or worse, not how often we screw. LOL Our marriage and relationship was never based on sex anyway.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Yes and it's getting old. I'm always thinking it must be my fault somehow, and it makes me feel pretty depressed. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:37 AM

That is young for a guy to have a low drive. At least he's affectionate, I don't even get that. I hope your dh does come around....

Quoting Anonymous:

I been doing it for several years. we have sex. but only maybe once every few months. he just doesn't want to do it. I really hoping it just some phase and he will eventually come back around. especially considering he is still so young. he only 30 years old. and he really is perfect in every other way. he works hard to support our family. he is a great father. he is still very loving and affectionate. the sex is just not there. I am not giving up yet. but I will admit I am very angry and frustrated. but I just look at and focus on the positives and that helps keep me going. its so hard tho. and I have days where I just want to pack up and go because I am just so sick and tired of it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:39 AM

I would think hard about having another baby if you aren't happy with how things are going. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Mine isn't completely sexless-but it's somewhat rare.. I've accused him of cheating/pleasing himself.. Now that we are trying for another it's a little more often especially during the ovulation period.. I wouldn't consider divorce over it but its something that we could definitely work on.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:41 AM
We've never had a sexless marriage, but it's been a lot more frequent since he switched jobs and is less stressed out.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)