Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why don't ALL moms stay home with their children:/

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 651 Replies
15 moms liked this
I don't understand why more mothers are not stay at home moms?! With the exception of single parents why do both parents find the need to use daycare? I am lucky in the way that my DH supports our family but it wasn't always this way. When he was finishing school we both worked plus he was completing his bachelors.. We worked opposite shifts, did over nights, weekends-ANYTHING we had to do so our baby wasn't raised by someone else.. We didn't see a lot of each other but at least our baby saw his mom or dad all day instead of a stranger. He got our full attention instead of sharing it with a room of kids. Children don't come into this world to spend their days without their parents, so why are they shipped off 5 days a week.. I don't get it?! And for the moms who "choose" to work-bet your baby didnt get to "choose" where they spend their days:/ pretty sad in my opinion
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2013 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 24, 2013 at 2:21 PM
2 moms liked this

Everyone is different. Some women love having kids AND a career...Some simply HAVE to go to work...And also in my area I would say 75 % of Moms are at home even the ones with kids in school but where I used to live in Toronto they all went to work. It's really mixed. probably 50/50 still though ( esp if the kids arent in school yet )

proudmommy690
by Ruby Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 2:21 PM
8 moms liked this
Because they are happy working? Why should it matter if they want to work or not.
do11face
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 2:21 PM
-_-
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarahfire
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 2:22 PM
63 moms liked this

Because this isn't a Happy Go Lucky Land with unicorns and rainbows.....get realistic woman. People work because they need MONEY to support those kids. Many families need those two incomes just to get by. We weren't all born with a silver spoon in our mouths....

JustBreath2013
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 2:22 PM
6 moms liked this
I agree 100%..... I find it odd to plan children while planning to throw them in daycare 50% of their lives....smh
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jun. 24, 2013 at 2:23 PM
53 moms liked this

Because we're not all you.

msalice_21
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 2:23 PM
For real? Why does it matter???
Pnukey
by Jenn on Jun. 24, 2013 at 2:23 PM
2 moms liked this

I had a better job. DH stayed home with the kids. I don't see the problem.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jun. 24, 2013 at 2:23 PM
4 moms liked this

Well good thing you are not in charge of the world.

sarahfire
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 2:24 PM
11 moms liked this

Also, my children are not being raised by daycare, they are being raised by myself and my husband. They call me MOM and him DAD, not daycare workers.

I don't understand whats not to get. Its simple. DIfferent strokes for different folks. Why judge so harshly?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)