Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why don't ALL moms stay home with their children:/

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I don't understand why more mothers are not stay at home moms?! With the exception of single parents why do both parents find the need to use daycare? I am lucky in the way that my DH supports our family but it wasn't always this way. When he was finishing school we both worked plus he was completing his bachelors.. We worked opposite shifts, did over nights, weekends-ANYTHING we had to do so our baby wasn't raised by someone else.. We didn't see a lot of each other but at least our baby saw his mom or dad all day instead of a stranger. He got our full attention instead of sharing it with a room of kids. Children don't come into this world to spend their days without their parents, so why are they shipped off 5 days a week.. I don't get it?! And for the moms who "choose" to work-bet your baby didnt get to "choose" where they spend their days:/ pretty sad in my opinion
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2013 at 2:20 PM
Replies (431-440):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:11 AM

I agree.  I babysit kids to make ends meet when needed.  And I find it sad. Sometimes they're dropped off as early as 5am & picked up at 7pm.  They don't know their kids.  They usually don't even ask what went on in their day.  Sometimes the kids start calling me mom.  I'm so happy I've been able to stay at home with my young children.  And yes, if I had to, we would go on FS for me to stay home with them while they're not old enough to go to school yet.  *clicking anon now*

mommy053008
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:14 AM
I work 2 jobs at that and my dh works I am fortunate enough to take my daughters alone with me to my day job which is nannying they spend the time with me and mY nanny girls and the. My night job I work at a church and my girls are either home w their dad or my mom or brother and in only work from 5-8 at that job on Thurs and every other Mon Tues wed night. It works for us.
MissMissfit
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Because it's my choice

Melmac7819
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:17 AM
You're lame and this is a dead horse. Get over yourself.
randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this

You lost your argument when you said kids in care were being raised by someone else.

MommyBoha
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:20 AM
Because not every mom wants to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kris_PBG
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:20 AM
Lol - and you think that is the norm?

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree.  I babysit kids to make ends meet when needed.  And I find it sad. Sometimes they're dropped off as early as 5am & picked up at 7pm.  They don't know their kids.  They usually don't even ask what went on in their day.  Sometimes the kids start calling me mom.  I'm so happy I've been able to stay at home with my young children.  And yes, if I had to, we would go on FS for me to stay home with them while they're not old enough to go to school yet.  *clicking anon now*

SuDoNim
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Because some women were already established in a career before their children were born, and (for a variey of reasons) don't have the luxury of taking a few years off to stay home.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:23 AM

I stay home with ds right now.  I have worked in all sorts of jobs and I can honestly say this is the hardest thing I've ever done.  My son is really smart and I feel like I'm failing him.  He needs school and more socialization than I know how to give him.  I talked to dh about getting a job - which he's fine with if that's what I want, but he said, "You'll just be working so he can be in daycare."  Well, that's fine.  I need to get out of the house and I need a break from arguing with a toddler all day. 

I agree that if you're ONLY working so you can keep up with the Joneses you're doing it for the wrong reasons.  We live in a teeny tiney house, we don't have cable, we buy almost everything second hand, all so we can be home with our son.  (No, we are not on welfare, in case anyone was wondering.)  I think a lot of people are miserable in their jobs but they feel they "have" to work so they can have the best of everything.  My parents both worked but they were cops and loved their jobs.  It was inspiring to me to see a mom who loved going to work every day.  If you're working in something that makes you miserable you're better off to cut back and stay home.  Every woman is different. 

smushy79
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:28 AM
2 moms liked this

Why do some women care about how other's parent or run their households? Why do some women take time out of their day to give a shit about these types of things? Are they bored?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)