Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Update on Hidden Camera Post

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

For those that need the back story

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/18396841/Hidden_Camera_In_Her_Room_Update_Page_110_Post_1100?highlight=233906306#post233906306

I have seen several people ask for an update on where things stand. I haven't really updated because there isn't a lot to tell. Things went back and forth for several weeks. They took him in for questioning a couple times, didn't officially arrest him until the end of May when his wife found tapes of my daughter in the shower clear back to February of last year.

The official charge is "video voyeurism of a minor". It is a class D felony. Apparently, they can add a count for each recording found which could add up to a lot when all is said and done. They have set his arraignment date for July 15th, so they have until then to add whatever additional charges they see fit.

I have also learned that he was convicted of a felony charge of mail theft some time in the last year. I remember he got fired from his job, but I never knew why. That means he may have to serve a federal sentence, if they revoke his probation, before he would serve any state time for this.

Living in a pretty small town he was all over the news and in the newspapers. I was glad that they didn't officially arrest him until after the kids were out of school for the summer. I think it would have been very hard to be hit with a thousand questions from a bunch of kids at school that saw it on TV.

My daughter is doing okay. She is going to therapy and that is helping her a lot. She is spending a lot of her free time with friends and volunteering at the library. In the last couple of weeks I have seen her smile come back and it gives me more confident hope that she will be okay in time.

That is about all I really know at this point. Thank you to all the ladies that have continued to keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2013 at 2:55 PM
Replies (51-54):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 5, 2013 at 9:04 AM

ETA: Links to Back Story - Finally Got A Trial Date! (Hidden Camera in Daughter's Room Update) 

Quoting Anonymous:

Link? I'd love an update.

Quoting Anonymous:

I know who you are. Well I know what state you're from a comment you made in another post a while back. I looked up the news article was even able to see his mug shot. He's a big mother fucker and you should be glad that he's locked up. I'd be scared shitless if he were on the loose. 

JZB
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 11:25 PM
Hugs
Toonkasmommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 11:35 PM
I feel so sorry for her .
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2014 at 6:53 PM
Don't knie if I missed it but did he put it in there to keep an aye on her or was he watching her sexually? So sorry hope things go beter
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)