We finally got the official report from our local early intervention place about our 4 year old's autism screening. They had reported that he does not have autism. Yet the official report states that:
- He is in the 98th percentile for cognitive development. The level he is at is typical for a 5.5-7 year old child.
- His communication development scores were 86 & 88, with the standard scores being 85-115...yet he is VERY hard to understand. But we were told, that 1 point into "normal" is keeping him from getting speech therapy.
- They also claim his social & emotional development is a 93, with normal being 90-110. First off, this is NOT what they told us when we left the appointment, and second off, he is not able to do the things they claim he can in the report.
- They claim his fine and gross motor skills are at par for his age...yet according to every textbook I own (which is quite a few, lol) he is not!
- Now for something that is true, his adaptive development is 77 whereas normal is 90-110. But yet that is ok *eye roll*
- Finally the ASRS (autism spectrum rating scale) scores, he scored slightly elevated to elevated on everything...yet nothing is wrong with him and he doesn't have autism.
Obviously we are VERY upset. We are still pissed they just brushed everything off. We can't wait for August. That is when we get a second opinion. In the meantime, we are doing everything we can to try and help him.