Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

*warning Yes, this is a back to school post* Yes, it is early...

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 3:40 PM
  • 40 Replies

but we are planning our bills in advance for back to school shopping.. 

Question: 

What do you think is an appropriate amount to spend on 3 kids.. 11, 9, and 5 for B2school shopping for clothes.

This will include shirts, pants, underwear, socks, shoes.. 

by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 3:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
choaspartyof4
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 3:43 PM

Hmm, I spent last year $500 on my son whos 9 but he got new shoes, and tons of sports gear he needed also. I don't go and buy everything just to have new, I like to go thru and see what he really needs first. It also depends where you are gonna shop.

FarmWife
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 3:47 PM
1 mom liked this

We don't buy our kids new wardrobes when school starts. We buy what they need as they need it so we don't have a huge bill all at once. Before school starts we may go in and buy them each a few new things- but we shop Walmart so it's cheap. Maybe $40-$50 per kid at most.

Mother.May.I.
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 3:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Well they grow so much. My son has to have a larger size in jeans, so none from last year fit. I always get new underwear and stuff. For 500 bucks for one kid i could replace their whole closet. lol. I was thinking 500 for the 3. 

Quoting choaspartyof4:

Hmm, I spent last year $500 on my son whos 9 but he got new shoes, and tons of sports gear he needed also. I don't go and buy everything just to have new, I like to go thru and see what he really needs first. It also depends where you are gonna shop.

highlandmum
by Spunky on Jun. 24, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Heck - mine are not even done yet.  They are done on Thursday.  This has not even crossed my mind yet.

HaveFaith1215
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 3:50 PM

IDK but I love your dog! 

BUMP! 

.stella.
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm slowly buying throughout the summer so I dont have to budget one HUGE shopping trip.

....ClvrScn.
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I started for my 5 year old already. He has to wear a uniform. Black, navy or khaki pants or shorts and white, powder blue or navy polo's or button downs, a belt and any color shoes. I am buying him 10 shirts 5 pairs of pants 1 pair of tennis shoes 2 belts I buy socks and underwear as needed, not just because school is starting. I already bought him about 5 shirts. I'll probably spend 100 total, but I start early and hit clearance sales, and even yard sales and thrift store if it's in good enough condition.
MamaPeanut
by Gold Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 3:51 PM
$500 each
SweetPea2004
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Shop clearence racks, walmart is not always cheapest nor the best quality.

Buy what they need and maybe one fun piece.
Firewoman33
by Gold Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 3:51 PM

IDK I spend about $300-400 on clothing and outside gear. I mostly shop at the outlet mall, kohl's and Marchall's and rarely or never at a garage sale or thrift store. So there is room for cost cutting if needed.

This will be my first year buying regular school supplies so I don't know what that averages,yet. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)