Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It's stupid to buy your kids back to school clothes

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 165 Replies
2 moms liked this
Unless they grew out of the ones from a couple months ago or they are warn out.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2013 at 3:53 PM

But they can't wear their summer clothes in the fall/winter, hence the need for 'school clothes'. Plus at some school you can't wear shorts and things like that, they need clothes that look a bit nicer for school.My kid grows so fast things fit her a month ago and they are too short now.

Mommy2ETnBM
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 3:54 PM

I buy my kids back to school clothes and shoes every year, only a few pair of shorts and tees, but mostly pants and long sleeves to last thru the winter months. 

FL2AK
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 3:55 PM
17 moms liked this
I enjoy getting them new clothes for each school year. I don't care if they need them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2013 at 3:56 PM
2 moms liked this

Got to keep up with the trends and avoid bullies. Besides, their used clothes get donated so other kids can have "new" clothes. 

kjoarcik
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 3:56 PM
2 moms liked this

Eh. Maybe. I know as a kid, that was the big thing I looked forward to for school. I don't see the big deal if you've got the money.

shadow_lark
by Gold Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 3:57 PM
3 moms liked this
Its tradition!
JulyBabies
by Gold Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 3:57 PM
6 moms liked this

I think back to school shopping was one thing that actually made me excited about going back to school. I like the fresh start that new clothes and supplies bring.

LuvmyAiden
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 3:57 PM
1 mom liked this

With tax free weekend and all the sales that accompany it the best time to buy clothes here is during back to school time. I can get the whole fall wardrobe for WAY less than it will be once falls actually gets here. Why is that stupid?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2013 at 3:59 PM
4 moms liked this

This post is stupid. 

School begins in the fall, children need winter and fall clothing for school. Most have likely outgrown their fall/winter clothing from the previous year. Yes, it makes sense to buy new clothing. 

My children wear uniforms, their clothing from the previous year just isn't acceptable for a new year. 

emmypaige
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Okay
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)