Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is it disrespectful to allow your kids to ride their bikes at a cemetery?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 227 Replies
My kids get sick of riding their bikes at home so sometimes we go to a recreation area nearby where there are longer paths for them to ride. Today we couldn't go there because of construction being done. There is a huge cemetery near us and I thought about going there but I'm not sure how I feel about it. I see people walking there and kids riding bikes there all the time. Obviously I would make them stay on the roads and not allow them to shout and disrupt other people, but is it disrespectful to let them ride their bikes there?

ETA: We didn't go there, we found another place to go. It didn't quite sit right with me. But I often see young kids riding bikes there with their parents, so I was wondering how other people felt about it.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs-Somerhalder
by Blake on Jun. 24, 2013 at 4:05 PM
16 moms liked this

I don't know if I'd call it disrespectful, but I wouldn't do it, or like it if I saw it.

PhoenixV
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 4:05 PM
2 moms liked this

Only if they ride them over the graves, otherwise I'd say no.

Its best to have failure happen early in life. It wakes up the Phoenix bird in you so you rise from the ashes. - Anne Baxter

dlnimo
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 4:06 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't think so,as long as they are being respectful to those around them. The cemetery where my family is buried is always busy with people walking,or riding their bikes but I've never come across any loud kids.
FarmWife
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 4:07 PM

As long as there are no funerals going on & they're not being disruptive, I have no issue with it. I love to visit cemetaries and read head stones.

2monstersmommy
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 4:07 PM
2 moms liked this

I would let them ride them. It's not all about sadness and death. Sometimes the people that are there "visiting" would like to see happiness. 

I say go for it as long as there isn't a burial going on.

lilmoosesmom
by Cat on Jun. 24, 2013 at 4:08 PM

IMO No, its not. As long as they are not destroying grave markers and such.

allornone
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 4:08 PM

No thanks. 

HappyMorgana
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 4:08 PM
8 moms liked this

I wouldnt allow my kids to do that. It IS disrespectful, rude, and they could hit a grave and break it up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 24, 2013 at 4:08 PM
3 moms liked this

Yes, especially when they are riding over the grave sites and knocking thing over. It's very disrespectful and to me disgusting

Blestmomof3
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this

No, not the way you describe what behavior you would allow and as long as you are supervising.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN