Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

pretty sick of questions, is it just me?

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 4:47 PM
  • 8 Replies
Ok, so my 7 year old is really advanced & I'm guessing that's why she keeps bugging the shit out of me every 5 minutes with a question about something I or her father have just said. But its CONSTANTLY! I know she knows the answers to a lot of the questions. I'm guessing she's got a bad case of look at me syndrome because she's the middle child. I kinda feel bad about feeling this way but its really getting to me. Anybody else gone through this?
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 4:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Toxic.Stardust
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this

my three year old is constantly asking questions, along with "mommy, look at me" "mommy can I go to the potty with you?" "mommy, let me show you a trick" "mommy, can I cut your hair?"

Punky_1981
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I haven't, but I'm sure others have. I have an aunt that's in her 50's and acts out because in her mind she still doesn't get enough attention when everyone is around. Hopefully your daughter only sticks to asking questions. 

Maybe to get her mind off of it, start playing 20 questions with her, see if she can figure out what you're thinking about, yes she'll be asking questions, but it won't be the same ones over and over again?

HeyEinstein
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this
My kids pester me with questions.

It's just the age and the fact that everything is new. I try to answer or I will divert their attention elsewhere.
k.vickery26
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 6:20 PM
BUMP
emmypaige
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:03 PM
1 mom liked this
My second son is like that. Very smart, and his brain is going, going, going going going going. If he shuts his mouth for longer than 30 seconds he is probably up to something troublesome. He's 10, and it's been a long year. I just try to keep him busy, and give him books that are more challenging than the ones meant for his age group. If he gets caught up in a good book he usually calms down for a while.
k.vickery26
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:42 AM
Bump
Melbornj
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:45 AM

It's an age thing.

Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Yup, been there, done that with #3. He was only 2 when I had #4, and perhaps he felt like he was ousted as the baby of the family when she came along, but I went through the constantly looking for attention. I handled it by picking a night a week for each of the kids to spend special time with me. We would play a game together, I'd take him on errands with me, make cookies with him, etc. It helped a lot!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN