Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Take care of your teeth!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies
My dad got temporary dentures on his top teeth about a month ago. Painful painful! Today he's having 3 more teeth pulled. He's miserable! Can't eat cause its all swollen. Just when the swelling was down and he starts to be able to eat, infection. More teeth pulled. Ugh. My dad is the best dad and I hate it for him. He smoked for 30 years plus didn't take good care=dentures now. He quit smoking 20 years ago but the damage is done.
Take care of your teeth!!!!
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2013 at 5:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 24, 2013 at 5:45 PM

This will be my DH in about 20-30 yrs... Nothing I say to him will make him take better care of himself.. :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 24, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Wouldn't that make him like 60 + ?? Don't all old people usually lose their teeth?

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jun. 24, 2013 at 5:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I never smoked a day in my life, I'm only forty, take great care of my teeth and I have almost no teeth left in the back of my mouth.....some of it is just genetics!

Oceana09
by Gold Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 5:48 PM

My teeth were screwed when I got pregnant. I didn't eat/drink enough calcium and in the end it screwed me because DD yanked calcium from my teeth and bones. Now I have problems with both.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 24, 2013 at 5:49 PM
He's 68. No, not all old people lose their teeth, but many do.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wouldn't that make him like 60 + ?? Don't all old people usually lose their teeth?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 24, 2013 at 5:50 PM
Part of it is genetics. Either way, dentures suck.

Quoting Dzyre1115:

I never smoked a day in my life, I'm only forty, take great care of my teeth and I have almost no teeth left in the back of my mouth.....some of it is just genetics!

.stella.
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 5:50 PM

Tell me about it. I got 4 extractions on Tuesday and a root canal and temp crown on Saturday. I so wish I wouldve taken better care of my teeth when I was younger.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 24, 2013 at 5:51 PM

amen! growing up with my mom being a dental hygienist..and some of the stories she's told me, we brush our teeth after every meal and snack in this house. ick!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 24, 2013 at 5:51 PM

i'm guessing thats gonna be me. i do take care of my teeth (never smoked or drank )but due to genetics i will probably loose all my teeth by the time i'm 40.   

anyotherday
by Ruby Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 5:51 PM

Why are you so mad at him over this? There's nothing wrong with needing dentures. I get that it is important to care for your teeth, but that is for many other reasons than that you might need dentures some day

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)