Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think DH would love me again if I was skinny again

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 81 Replies

So my DH and I have been married 6 years. Been together for 9 years. The first 2 years of our marriage we were fit and healthy. But after having two kids and taking on bad eating haibts, I've ended up close to 100lbs overweight. I'm tall and carry the weight well and though I would prefer to be skinny again I'm not uncomfortable with my weight. I still have confidence and energy.

DH also gained weight. He ended up gaining around 50lbs.

A couple weeks ago I found out that he was having an online affair. Said he was in love with another woman. That he no longer loved me and wanted to leave me. But she broke up with him and he stayed with me. Before I found out about the affair he started working out and dieting. I guess a new woman to impress was a good motivator. He's lost a lot of weight. And even though the affair is over he's still at it.

I'm happy for him. But his motivation scares me. And now that he is getting fit again I feel more and more like he's disinterested in me. Like he's still looking for someone new. Maybe that's all in my head. I don't know.

I'm trying my best to make him happy, to make him love me again. But I think if I'm going to keep him I will have to lose this weight. Part of me resents this. I want him to love me no matter what. Another part of me doesn't blame him and thinks I owe it to him. He did say once before we were married that he wouldn't love me if I ever got fat.

I don't think my weight was the reason he stopped loving me. We've had a lot of issues we are trying to work through now. But I think my weight will be an issue in keeping him.

I guess I'm just curious what you all thought about it.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2013 at 6:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
buttercup627
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 6:27 PM
6 moms liked this
I think you should get fit and lose weight for you.
weaveress
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 6:27 PM

mine loves me no matter what. but i keep thinking he would love me more if i was closer to my original size before i had our kids. i have lost 20 lbs and 12 inches since halloween. 

LectioDivina
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 6:27 PM
8 moms liked this

I would of already stabbed him with a fork...

Move on and find someone who loves you for you, he's out there...and you'll be bummed you wasted so much time on this guy once you find him...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 24, 2013 at 6:28 PM

Men are very visual whether we like it or not...Many men will stay with and be loyal to a hot woman for that reason alone...It's just a fact.

Miss-B
by ‚ô•Divalicious‚ô• on Jun. 24, 2013 at 6:29 PM

True love isn't based off of weight.

two4one
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this

If he truly loved you he would love you no matter what you looked like.

x.Aim.x
by Amy on Jun. 24, 2013 at 6:30 PM

If you want to loose weight do it for yourself. You shouldn't let a man control you like that. He was having an affair isn't that a big deal to you? No matter your weight that isn't right of him. How do you know hes not having another affair? How old are your children?

MomTo2Boys12
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 6:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Nobody can really love you unless you love yourself. If you feel you need to lose the weight, do it. But do it for yourself. Don't do it for your man.
Devious333
by Ruby Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 6:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Exactly!

Quoting Miss-B:

True love isn't based off of weight.

FireCoyote
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 6:32 PM

If he erally loved you weight wouldn't be an issue.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)