Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I sent my DD to bed with no dinner.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 129 Replies
I made dinner of chicken primavera. Basically my version is veggies, chicken, noodles and cream cheese. She likes noodles, cream cheese and chicken. Not a problem I thought. Well boy was I wrong. She refused to eat any of it. She watched me make it too! So she knows I didn't put anything in it either. She sat there for literally an hour. Half of that was by herself. DH had to leave and go sit at a road to block it (he helps with our roads) because of some down poles from a storm. So then we had to leave because he forgot his phone charger and so we took it to him. We come back and I made her sit again to finish eating. I go sit where I can see her and I turn to check a message and she had given most of her dinner to her little 2 yr old sister!!!! Mind you DD is 6 and knows better than to do that. So I sent her to her room. I told her not to talk to me, don't come out, no toys, no TV (she doesn't have one in her room anyway) no desert and if she doesn't eat all her dinner tomorrow no zoo on Wednesday either. She's been up there for about an hour and there's about 45min till bed time. I'm so done with this not eating bullshit too. I'm just so done.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IFartGlitter
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:19 PM
9 moms liked this

Food should never be a punishment. I will never understand parents who force their kids to eat something they don't like. We all have preferences... 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Honestly, I wouldn't eat that the way you described it.  Also, sometimes kids aren't hungry. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:20 PM

A little harsh, but ok.

Anonandon
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:21 PM

I wouldn't either, to be honest.

Quoting Anonymous:

Honestly, I wouldn't eat that the way you described it.  Also, sometimes kids aren't hungry. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:21 PM
2 moms liked this

How old is she? My kids all have gone through various not eating stages. I hate it each and every time it has happened. She won't starve by missing one meal. You will probably be bashed all to hell by the "perfect" moms on here, but you have to do what works for your kid.

1plustwinsmommy
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:23 PM
6 moms liked this
Did she taste it? We have a rule that you must try everything on your plate. Beyond that, it's just not worth the battle. They don't get anything else if they don't eat well, but I refuse to turn it into a battle.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:24 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't blame you. My kid doesn't even try to pull that because she knows she'll have to eat it or go without.

I don't run a restaurant and we aren't made of money, so what we have is what we have. Either you're hungry enough to eat it or you're not.

disnchntdwife
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:24 PM
3 moms liked this
My mom used to cover our meal & refrigerate it. We would get it again the next night.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:25 PM

She probably wasn't really hungry. Had she have been she would have eaten or put up a fuss for something else if she didn't like what you made. My 2 year goes through spurts of not wanting to eat. I let him be and offer him food through out the day until he starts eating regularly again. Usually those times only last a day or two. The longest was a week but he was sick then. Just as long as you are not starving her then she will be fine. She will let you know when she is ready to eat.

Leissaintexas
by Ruby Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:25 PM

So she doesn't eat ONE meal. That doesn't require punishment. Feed her at the next regular mealtime. Its not a big deal. You never want ot make food a battle ground. I would however, punish her for trying to pass it off to her sister, that was just sneakiness and equivalent to lying. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN