Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I sent my DD to bed with no dinner.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I made dinner of chicken primavera. Basically my version is veggies, chicken, noodles and cream cheese. She likes noodles, cream cheese and chicken. Not a problem I thought. Well boy was I wrong. She refused to eat any of it. She watched me make it too! So she knows I didn't put anything in it either. She sat there for literally an hour. Half of that was by herself. DH had to leave and go sit at a road to block it (he helps with our roads) because of some down poles from a storm. So then we had to leave because he forgot his phone charger and so we took it to him. We come back and I made her sit again to finish eating. I go sit where I can see her and I turn to check a message and she had given most of her dinner to her little 2 yr old sister!!!! Mind you DD is 6 and knows better than to do that. So I sent her to her room. I told her not to talk to me, don't come out, no toys, no TV (she doesn't have one in her room anyway) no desert and if she doesn't eat all her dinner tomorrow no zoo on Wednesday either. She's been up there for about an hour and there's about 45min till bed time. I'm so done with this not eating bullshit too. I'm just so done.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:17 PM
Replies (11-20):
1L2CMommy
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I refuse to make meal times at our house a war zone. If they're not hungry, or they don't like/want what we're having, they don't have to eat, but they don't get anything else to eat until the next meal. No stress, no starving.
alf2651
by Gold Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:25 PM

That sounds harsh.

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

zacmacsmomm
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:26 PM
2 moms liked this

Well the rules in my house is if you don't eat what I cook, then you don't eat till next meal.  Just that simple.  Now I didn't make things that I knew the kids wouldn't eat, and if I did, then I chose to make them something else.  I never forced them to eat, just gave them a choice.  Eat what is provided or don't eat at all, pretty simple really.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:26 PM

*slow clap*

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:26 PM
I agree 100%.

Quoting IFartGlitter:

Food should never be a punishment. I will never understand parents who force their kids to eat something they don't like. We all have preferences... 

jenval
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:27 PM

A bit harsh

I personally would have at least made a peanut butter and jelly but I'm a softy

Kimbyann
by Ruby Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:28 PM
That was nice of her. My dad left it on the table. No meal unless I finished what was left. Including milk and other questionable things left out. No heating up either

Quoting disnchntdwife:

My mom used to cover our meal & refrigerate it. We would get it again the next night.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Acid
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:28 PM
3 moms liked this

You should never make food a punishment.

But, worse than that was that you told her not to talk to you.

SHe doesn't eat because, at some point, as evidenced by your 'she knows I didn't put anything else into it' you've allowed her to get away with picky eating.

Your stellar parenting led to this 'not eating bullshit'.  Time for you to step up and put an end to it properly...not the cop out way.

MrsMiles85
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:28 PM

I have a rule, if they have ate it before, they will eat it again or get nothing until the next meal.  If I know they don't like something and have TRIED it I will make them something else.  I can't stand "I'm not going to eat that" or "I don't want that".  Well, what if that was ALL we had? 

LectioDivina
by A.Priori on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:29 PM

That sounds freakin gross. and then she had to try and eat it after you get back ?

gross,gross.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured