Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Tattoos no longer make you "unique".

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Now everyone seems to have at least one tattoo, if not more.

I have none.  I seem to be the minority. 

Thoughts?

IMHO, I think they look trashy (news flash since no one thinks this way at all  :P ).  Just sayin'.  Bash away........

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Replies (81-90):
NikLvsNick
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:12 AM

So? It's just another way for me to express myself. Having my art (Yes, literally) on my body is what makes me happy. I drew my last tattoo and I absolutely love it. I would go through it again in a heartbeat.

Sekirei
by LoKitty on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:12 AM

that's ok.. I like my tats anyway.

I didn't get them to be unique.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Every tattoo is different. Two artists doing the same picture still wouldn't look exactly the same. Maybe the simple fact of having a tattoo is not as unique as it used to be, but every SINGLE tattoo is unique.

Anonymous
Then you haven't seem real art/tattoos done by an artist, not just some random guy who copied something from a book.

It's sad you've "never" seen a truly amazing tattoo... Be more open minded... You can actually ask a tattooed person about their tattoo & their story. We don't bite & are actually the most down to earth people you'll likely meet. We won't judge you, look down on you, talk badly about you... I've never met a tattooed person who was close minded and unwilling to discuss their art. You may actually learn something and see their tattoo or even them in a whole new light. Not all people pick out a butterfly or symbol from a book...

Quoting Katenemsmom:

I have never seen a tattoo and thought wow that looks great. So, I am with you.

Anonymous
I don't have any tats, neither does my husband.
Three of his siblings don't either.
elitish
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:17 AM

Neither does having brown hair, but that doesn't stop anyone from having it.

Get over it.

Owl_Feather
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:18 AM

I think it depends on the area. I'm in a college town but in the deep south, so some places with the older generation don't see inked and pierced people too often if at all. I don't agree that tattoos are trashy. If the person is already trashy, tattoos usually just enhance it lol like some I've seen online; tramp stamps that read "juicy". gross!!!

LovinMyMister
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:19 AM
Not sure why I went anonymous... I assume because I'll be torn apart for having an opinion! I would get along great with you & would love to see your art and hear your story!

Quoting TattooedMomto4:

We would probably get along great :-) I have both arms done in full sleeves (well, works in progress) and then tattoos on both feet, both calves, my right shoulder and both sides of my chest. I have 33 pieces all together (20 make up my sleeves) and am not done yet.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, most of you would hate my husband & I... He has full sleeves (both arms), about 2/3 of both full leg pieces, his feet, our last name on his back etc. LOTS basically!

He may be trashy to you ladies... But get this... He has a FULL time job! He "can" cover them completely by wearing a long sleeve shirt and pants, which he hardly ever does. He also served our country as a Marine with his "tacky" tattoos, he's out now. **one complete sleeve was done in Japan while serving (it's awesome!)

I am working on a full leg piece, I'm about 1/3 of the way done.

It's art! Not "to be like your neighbor!". Hopefully we do look unique!!! All our ART it tasteful, we go to school functions, restaurants, church etc. Apparently it's a good thing we aren't friends with anyone or live near anyone who is so judgmental. We are blessed to have supportive, open minded friends, family and neighbors!

Tattoos are beautiful and definitely art in OUR book! <3

Katenemsmom
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:20 AM
I've watched LA Ink and I really like Tattoo Nightmares, but at the end I still think it looks crappy. It's just not my thing. I enjoy impressionist paintings, not tattoo artwork.

Quoting Anonymous:

Then you haven't seem real art/tattoos done by an artist, not just some random guy who copied something from a book.

It's sad you've "never" seen a truly amazing tattoo... Be more open minded... You can actually ask a tattooed person about their tattoo & their story. We don't bite & are actually the most down to earth people you'll likely meet. We won't judge you, look down on you, talk badly about you... I've never met a tattooed person who was close minded and unwilling to discuss their art. You may actually learn something and see their tattoo or even them in a whole new light. Not all people pick out a butterfly or symbol from a book...

Quoting Katenemsmom:

I have never seen a tattoo and thought wow that looks great. So, I am with you.

elitish
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:22 AM

BOOM. Unique tattoo.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)