Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Tattoos no longer make you "unique".

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Now everyone seems to have at least one tattoo, if not more.

I have none.  I seem to be the minority. 

Thoughts?

IMHO, I think they look trashy (news flash since no one thinks this way at all  :P ).  Just sayin'.  Bash away........

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Replies (101-110):
emmypaige
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:30 AM
Do people get tattoos to be unique? I don't have any. I might get one someday, but not to be unique. Lol
kitty8199
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Good thing we don't get them to be unique.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:32 AM
I came to read a reply to my comment, but you've got me curious. Do you have any pics of your tats?

Quoting LovinMyMister:

To each his own... Tattoo nightmares is a pretty awful example of "true art" but again... Your call! :)

Our artist is amazing. He actually ONLY tattoos past clientele now. He quit his shop a few years ago & strictly does medical tattooing now for a group of Doctors in our area. He's got a waiting list years long for personal tattoos. Luckily my husband has been getting ink done by him for about 15 years (my husband is 34). So we have his personal number and go to his house for our work (yes, he's licensed, clean, new sterilized equipment etc) He's amazing!!! I'm not sure I'd trust anyone else to work on me and he doesn't have a book in his house. He WON'T copy someone else's work. Thats a TRUE artist!

Quoting Katenemsmom:

I've watched LA Ink and I really like Tattoo Nightmares, but at the end I still think it looks crappy. It's just not my thing. I enjoy impressionist paintings, not tattoo artwork.

Quoting Anonymous:

Then you haven't seem real art/tattoos done by an artist, not just some random guy who copied something from a book.

It's sad you've "never" seen a truly amazing tattoo... Be more open minded... You can actually ask a tattooed person about their tattoo & their story. We don't bite & are actually the most down to earth people you'll likely meet. We won't judge you, look down on you, talk badly about you... I've never met a tattooed person who was close minded and unwilling to discuss their art. You may actually learn something and see their tattoo or even them in a whole new light. Not all people pick out a butterfly or symbol from a book...

Quoting Katenemsmom:

I have never seen a tattoo and thought wow that looks great. So, I am with you.

LovinMyMister
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:36 AM
Sure do! I'll post my latest one... About 6 weeks old :) Give me a few... Hope you will all tear it apart too! Nothing screams fun like a group of tattoo hating women on a Monday night!

Kidding... But give me a few :)

Quoting TiffanyRose06:

I came to read a reply to my comment, but you've got me curious. Do you have any pics of your tats?

Quoting LovinMyMister:

To each his own... Tattoo nightmares is a pretty awful example of "true art" but again... Your call! :)

Our artist is amazing. He actually ONLY tattoos past clientele now. He quit his shop a few years ago & strictly does medical tattooing now for a group of Doctors in our area. He's got a waiting list years long for personal tattoos. Luckily my husband has been getting ink done by him for about 15 years (my husband is 34). So we have his personal number and go to his house for our work (yes, he's licensed, clean, new sterilized equipment etc) He's amazing!!! I'm not sure I'd trust anyone else to work on me and he doesn't have a book in his house. He WON'T copy someone else's work. Thats a TRUE artist!

Quoting Katenemsmom:

I've watched LA Ink and I really like Tattoo Nightmares, but at the end I still think it looks crappy. It's just not my thing. I enjoy impressionist paintings, not tattoo artwork.

Quoting Anonymous:

Then you haven't seem real art/tattoos done by an artist, not just some random guy who copied something from a book.

It's sad you've "never" seen a truly amazing tattoo... Be more open minded... You can actually ask a tattooed person about their tattoo & their story. We don't bite & are actually the most down to earth people you'll likely meet. We won't judge you, look down on you, talk badly about you... I've never met a tattooed person who was close minded and unwilling to discuss their art. You may actually learn something and see their tattoo or even them in a whole new light. Not all people pick out a butterfly or symbol from a book...

Quoting Katenemsmom:

Mychele
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:36 AM
Bwhahahahah skip offering. Get right to it.

Quoting LexsMami:

britadams10
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:38 AM

i didn't get tattoos to be unique. i got them because i wanted to. 

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:40 AM
Awesome, I love seeing tattoo pics :) especially from good artists and you're obviously passionate about yours

Quoting LovinMyMister:

Sure do! I'll post my latest one... About 6 weeks old :) Give me a few... Hope you will all tear it apart too! Nothing screams fun like a group of tattoo hating women on a Monday night!

Quoting TiffanyRose06:

Quoting LovinMyMister:

Quoting Katenemsmom:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Katenemsmom:

heavenlybliss19
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:40 AM
Good for you. Your plain skin bores me.
LovinMyMister
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:46 AM
I am passionate & very unique, but not because of my ink! Especially when a group of women bash others for their choice on how their OWN skin looks! :)

I've got to get on my laptop (I'm mobile currently...) It is late after all & I'm in bed with a very quiet house! :)

Quoting TiffanyRose06:

Awesome, I love seeing tattoo pics :) especially from good artists and you're obviously passionate about yours

Quoting LovinMyMister:

Quoting TiffanyRose06:

Quoting LovinMyMister:

Quoting Katenemsmom:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Katenemsmom:

Vipergirl22
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:47 AM

Lol having one may not be unique but what the tattoo is specifically is unique. I don't care if people don't like it or can't appreciate the meaning behind it. It is your problem not mine. My honest question is why do you care or why does it matter to you that people have them. To me my tattoo is art and I love it. I didn't get it to be "cool" or to "fit" in. People hang pictures on walls, I hang mine on my body.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)