Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Tattoos no longer make you "unique".

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Now everyone seems to have at least one tattoo, if not more.

I have none.  I seem to be the minority. 

Thoughts?

IMHO, I think they look trashy (news flash since no one thinks this way at all  :P ).  Just sayin'.  Bash away........

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Replies (111-120):
Katenemsmom
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:48 AM
Sure it is. A tattoo is limited by its medium, human flesh. A sleeve is unique in its design that multiple pictures are connected the length of a sleeve. If I were to say this person does graffiti art or this person paints and this person is a tattoo artist, you would know what type of art I am talking about. I am not saying tattoos are bad, simply not my taste.

Quoting elitish:

Tattoo artwork isn't one genre. One can tattoo an impressionist painting on themselves (and have).

Quoting Katenemsmom:

I've watched LA Ink and I really like Tattoo Nightmares, but at the end I still think it looks crappy. It's just not my thing. I enjoy impressionist paintings, not tattoo artwork.

Quoting Anonymous:

Then you haven't seem real art/tattoos done by an artist, not just some random guy who copied something from a book.

It's sad you've "never" seen a truly amazing tattoo... Be more open minded... You can actually ask a tattooed person about their tattoo & their story. We don't bite & are actually the most down to earth people you'll likely meet. We won't judge you, look down on you, talk badly about you... I've never met a tattooed person who was close minded and unwilling to discuss their art. You may actually learn something and see their tattoo or even them in a whole new light. Not all people pick out a butterfly or symbol from a book...

Quoting Katenemsmom:

I have never seen a tattoo and thought wow that looks great. So, I am with you.

Katenemsmom
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:53 AM
That is great that you love his art. I am just saying its not my taste.

Quoting LovinMyMister:

To each his own... Tattoo nightmares is a pretty awful example of "true art" but again... Your call! :)

Our artist is amazing. He actually ONLY tattoos past clientele now. He quit his shop a few years ago & strictly does medical tattooing now for a group of Doctors in our area. He's got a waiting list years long for personal tattoos. Luckily my husband has been getting ink done by him for about 15 years (my husband is 34). So we have his personal number and go to his house for our work (yes, he's licensed, clean, new sterilized equipment etc) He's amazing!!! I'm not sure I'd trust anyone else to work on me and he doesn't have a book in his house. He WON'T copy someone else's work. Thats a TRUE artist!

Quoting Katenemsmom:

I've watched LA Ink and I really like Tattoo Nightmares, but at the end I still think it looks crappy. It's just not my thing. I enjoy impressionist paintings, not tattoo artwork.

Quoting Anonymous:

Then you haven't seem real art/tattoos done by an artist, not just some random guy who copied something from a book.

It's sad you've "never" seen a truly amazing tattoo... Be more open minded... You can actually ask a tattooed person about their tattoo & their story. We don't bite & are actually the most down to earth people you'll likely meet. We won't judge you, look down on you, talk badly about you... I've never met a tattooed person who was close minded and unwilling to discuss their art. You may actually learn something and see their tattoo or even them in a whole new light. Not all people pick out a butterfly or symbol from a book...

Quoting Katenemsmom:

Caylaris1813
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Meh. Idc if you think my tattoos look trashy or do not make me "unqiue". That's not why I get them.

I think judging people is a trashy way to live your life. But, that's just my opinion. :)

LovinMyMister
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:58 AM
Which is fine, I respect that! :)

My grandmother (dads mother, whose 93) HATES tattoos... While my moms mom (she's 86) loves tattoos; while they aren't something she's going to run out and get, she respects my choice and can see past the stereotypical judgement that a tattoo can bring.

Everyone is different, I just have a hard time seeing why some people are hell bent on NO tattoos, or NO breast feeding in public, NO cosleeping etc. I guess my husband and I are super open and accepting (not saying you aren't at all!!) but some people are all about their way or nothing! Lol

Quoting Katenemsmom:

That is great that you love his art. I am just saying its not my taste.

Quoting LovinMyMister:

To each his own... Tattoo nightmares is a pretty awful example of "true art" but again... Your call! :)

Our artist is amazing. He actually ONLY tattoos past clientele now. He quit his shop a few years ago & strictly does medical tattooing now for a group of Doctors in our area. He's got a waiting list years long for personal tattoos. Luckily my husband has been getting ink done by him for about 15 years (my husband is 34). So we have his personal number and go to his house for our work (yes, he's licensed, clean, new sterilized equipment etc) He's amazing!!! I'm not sure I'd trust anyone else to work on me and he doesn't have a book in his house. He WON'T copy someone else's work. Thats a TRUE artist!

Quoting Katenemsmom:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Katenemsmom:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:27 AM
Lol yep!

Quoting Mychele:

Bwhahahahah skip offering. Get right to it.

Quoting LexsMami:

LexsMami
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:28 AM
I didn't mean to write that anonymously. Lol fail.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol yep!

Quoting Mychele:

Bwhahahahah skip offering. Get right to it.

Quoting LexsMami:

-_-
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:29 AM
I have none. You don't put a bumper sticker on a Ferrari.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amybelle
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:37 AM
1 mom liked this

The Sistine Chapel would just be another church without the Art-Work

***BAM*** 

;0)

Quoting -_-:

I have none. You don't put a bumper sticker on a Ferrari.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:45 AM
You can't even see mine and you wouldn't know unless I told you. I could care less.
ROBIN-C
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 2:04 AM

Who said people get tattoos to be unique? People get them because they like them, we are well aware that many people have tattoos

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)