Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My wine cellar and drinking cabinet are open for my children to use

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My children are allowed to drink alcohol in my house as long as I watch what they are drinking, I am there watching them, they are not having any friends over, and they are not leaving. Starting at around 14 I have told my children that they are free to have a drink under these stipulations. 

We also have wine many nights with our dinner and that is something that half of my children like and the other half of my children do not like. With every kid they decided to make a drink or two when it was first offered but after that they almost never asked. They didnt see the point of it and we removed the stigma.

My children are all grown now and still have access but usually still do not drink. 

Oh and before people are like OMG it is illegal! No it is not in my state. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Replies (31-40):
smalltownmom03
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:26 PM
It's not in Texas. I will post a link to the TABC website when I get to the computer.

Quoting Anonymous:

Unless you are outside the US it is against the law.

Quoting Anonymous:

My children are allowed to drink alcohol in my house as long as I watch what they are drinking, I am there watching them, they are not having any friends over, and they are not leaving. Starting at around 14 I have told my children that they are free to have a drink under these stipulations. 

We also have wine many nights with our dinner and that is something that half of my children like and the other half of my children do not like. With every kid they decided to make a drink or two when it was first offered but after that they almost never asked. They didnt see the point of it and we removed the stigma.

My children are all grown now and still have access but usually still do not drink. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:29 PM

Another alcohol post just to make others mad.  Can't you find anything more interesting to do with your time? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:32 PM
I told my 9 yr old dd if she waits til shes 18 to smoke pot, id smoke with her... She knows i smoke.
TattooedMomto4
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:35 PM

My sons never got in to the party scene and drinking while in high school, either. Starting at 14-15 they could have a Mike's or a beer and they knew it. They rarely did it but once in awhile, especially when we had a bonfire going, they would grab one. They didn't need to sneak off to parties and get in to trouble. As adults none of them have drinking issues. They occasionally have a beer or two when they go out but they don't get hammered and they don't drink and drive. If they have a beer they wait an hour or so before leaving where they are and they eat while they drink. They learned to be responsible about drinking a long time ago. Quoting Anonymous:

Why is it irresponsible?

They know healthy drinking habits and none of my 9 kids ever got caught doing alcohol underage, at parties, etc. Even as adults they are not huge drinkers minus wine with dinner

It is part of our culture. 

Quoting mom2bell:

it's just irresponsible.  

I am so thankful I don't have to try so hard.  Then again, I never did want my kids to be my friends.

tysmommy98
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:37 PM
That explains a lot.

Quoting Anonymous:

I live in colorado but I am from france

Quoting tysmommy98:

What country are you in?

Quoting Anonymous:

Actually in the countries that allow a younger drinking age and/or do not see alcohol as taboo have a lower rate of alcoholism 

Quoting tysmommy98:

Well it's never too soon to start alcholism.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MelanieJK
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:39 PM

Lucky for you they didn't have the addict gene.    But alas,  it was pure luck not anything you did or didn't do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:40 PM

Well for that to happen they would have to have family memebers that were addicts. There are no addicts in my or my dh's family 

Quoting MelanieJK:

Lucky for you they didn't have the addict gene.    But alas,  it was pure luck not anything you did or didn't do.

bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Not illegal in Texas

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

helema24
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:54 PM

actually in some states its legal to give your own minor children alchohol inside your own home!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

power bitch slap internetMuslim Cat prays towards Mecca. LoL by: wirgylovesamletoandshayaprofessor cat. replyI Like Big Butts and I Cannot

smalltownmom03
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:29 AM

Here are the laws I said I would add later. http://www.tabc.state.tx.us/laws/alcoholic_beverage_Code_referencing_minors.asp

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured