Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My wine cellar and drinking cabinet are open for my children to use

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My children are allowed to drink alcohol in my house as long as I watch what they are drinking, I am there watching them, they are not having any friends over, and they are not leaving. Starting at around 14 I have told my children that they are free to have a drink under these stipulations. 

We also have wine many nights with our dinner and that is something that half of my children like and the other half of my children do not like. With every kid they decided to make a drink or two when it was first offered but after that they almost never asked. They didnt see the point of it and we removed the stigma.

My children are all grown now and still have access but usually still do not drink. 

Oh and before people are like OMG it is illegal! No it is not in my state. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Replies (41-50):
laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:31 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Unless you are outside the US it is against the law.

Quoting Anonymous:

My children are allowed to drink alcohol in my house as long as I watch what they are drinking, I am there watching them, they are not having any friends over, and they are not leaving. Starting at around 14 I have told my children that they are free to have a drink under these stipulations. 

We also have wine many nights with our dinner and that is something that half of my children like and the other half of my children do not like. With every kid they decided to make a drink or two when it was first offered but after that they almost never asked. They didnt see the point of it and we removed the stigma.

My children are all grown now and still have access but usually still do not drink. 

Not true, Check out underage drinking laws.

A parent can buy their child a drink at restaurants in some states at like 15.

Don't sweat the petty things;Don't pet the sweaty things!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:30 AM
No its not. In many states it is legal to give your own kids alcohol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Unless you are outside the US it is against the law.

Quoting Anonymous:

JustBreath2013
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:31 AM
It is legal in ALL states for a child to drink in their own home with parents over age ten....just saying
EmmasMommy2011
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Actually it Texas your children can drink as long as you are present.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:32 AM

Actually it is only legal in 29 states 

http://drinkingage.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=002591

Quoting JustBreath2013:

It is legal in ALL states for a child to drink in their own home with parents over age ten....just saying

zacmacsmomm
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:33 AM

In Colorado it's not against the law for an underage person to drink in their own home with parental consent.  My son is almost 20, I could care less if he grabs a beer at home.  My daughter is 14, now I don't let her go grab a beer or a glass of wine whenever she wants.  But she will taste my drinks sometimes and during holidays she can have a small glass of wine!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Exactly

But people still insist on making alcohol a big deal.

I had drinks with my parents as a teen. I am in my 30s and have been drunk exactly once around age 23. I don't enjoy getting drunk. I never have more than one or two.

Quoting ResplendentVers:

In a lot of countries, drinking is not a taboo. In those countries, the rate of alcoholism is little to none.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:41 AM
They do it in European countries and kids can go to pubs with parents. When little my mom would let me take a few sips if I were having trouble sleeping. She is not American though. Some wine with dinner is supposed to be healthy. I would think it could take the temptation to rebel away a little..as long as yiu lead a good example by not over doing it.
JustBreath2013
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:46 AM
Well all eleven I lived in were....odd are low but okay...

Quoting Anonymous:

Actually it is only legal in 29 states 

http://drinkingage.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=002591

Quoting JustBreath2013:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:23 AM
That is not true.

Quoting ResplendentVers:

In a lot of countries, drinking is not a taboo. In those countries, the rate of alcoholism is little to none.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)