Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Warning, disgusting picture of my foot. Has anyone ever had eczema get this bad? Should I be worried? Update

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 73 Replies

I know, you are not doctors but my car isn't working and my doctor is an hour away and the copay for the emergency room is $100..........and it isn't an emergency, I don't think.

I have always had a patch of eczema on my foot that has come and gone. A couple of weeks ago it came back, along with a dark rash, like little tiny spots all over my feet and ankles. Only one foot has the eczema. Well, that foot got worse and worse and then my foot started swelling. This morning I woke up and my foot and ankle were so swollen that it felt like my skin was going to rip open. It is very painful.

So my question is, has anyone ever had this happen? Was it an infection or just a really bad flare up? I should be able to get my car fixed within a couple of days. Anyone have personal experience or knowledge about this? I mean, if it is an infection, I suppose I need to be seen as soon as I can.

Opinions? So sorry for my disgusting foot. It is twice it's normal size aside from being nasty looking.

Update

I ended up going to urgent care because it got worse. My leg started to swell. I have cellulitis. They gave me antibiotics, oral steroids, and steroid cream and told me to keep my foot elevated and the sores covered with bacitracin and bandages. Thanks ladies for all the advice.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:06 PM

No I never have. I'd call a doc tomorrow.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:06 PM
3 moms liked this
Cellulitis?! You need a Dr.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:06 PM
I had a friend who got flare ups like that... but his usually ended in infections. I'd probably go get it checked out
PaintballBtch
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Put zinc oxide on it. Trust me.
Kelsmomma123
by Gold Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:07 PM
I'd call a doctor
LeJane
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:07 PM

I would consult a Podiatrist.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:08 PM
It looks like it got infected. Keep it clean with soap and water. Make sure to put Vaseline on it. I like the Burt's Bees version because it doesn't have all those chemicals in it. Make sure your detergent, soap, etc. is all free and clear of perfumes and dyes. If it doesn't get better or gets worse, I would see a Dr.
illinoismommy83
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Ugh. I'd find a way to get to the doctor and be seen. That looks like its getting infected and you don't want it to spread. People (eventually can) die from infections that spread to the blood stream.

mom2ljh
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:08 PM
That is NOT just eczema and you definitely need to be seen. Good luck. That looks awful. :-(
Hellobabies
by Gold Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:08 PM

My son has horrible eczema and his trouble spot is top of his foot as well. His foot has gotten similar to that, although not as much open skin. Right now he is currently on antibiotics 3 times a day for an exceptionally bad outbreak that he is getting over. I would have it looked at ASAP, if it isn't already infected, it appears to be going that way. Good luck to you

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)