Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I Have Rules For My Births - ETA

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:25 PM
  • 234 Replies
4 moms liked this
LOL! I do too. Why? I want these because that is what works for me and my babies.

My 'Rules'

No vaginal exams unless I ask
No EFM
No vaccines/eye goop/vit K/PKU
I will move and labor how my body wants/needs
I will eat and drink during my labor
No drugs
No IV
I'll birth baby in the position my body needs
I'll birth in the water if I want
DH or myself catch baby
Delayed cord clamping
I keep the afterbirth
Breastfeeding only
Baby gets immediate skin to skin
Baby never leaves my or DHs side
Cosleeping
Cloth Diapers only

ETA - People keep asking about the afterbirth. I encapsulate it. It helps with ppd/baby blues, energy levels, milk supply, instantly picks my mood up, postpartum bleeding, increases mineral and vitamin levels, etc...

The capsules from baby 6 & 8

Uploaded with Imgupr

by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I have two typed pages of them. Greatly detailed. I pretty much covered every possibility and what I would want from it. And considering they asked us to turn it in two months before my due date I expect it to be followed :)

ElitestJen
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:29 PM

Ok.  What is your recourse if they do not follow every rule?

kcangel63
by Freebirther on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:30 PM
Hospital birth?

Tape it to your door, foot of the bed, at have it in hand.

Hopefully they are great for you!

When are you due?

Quoting wkukid:

I have two typed pages of them. Greatly detailed. I pretty much covered every possibility and what I would want from it. And considering they asked us to turn it in two months before my due date I expect it to be followed :)

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:31 PM

I have 5 copies of it not counting the one I turned in, it is a hospital birth. I'm due in 26 days. Thanks, I'm so excited.

Quoting kcangel63:

Hospital birth?

When are you due?

Quoting wkukid:

kcangel63
by Freebirther on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:32 PM
I fire my hubby! LOL! I would only need these rules if I ended up in the hospital. If they refused to follow them? I'd make sure they were either followed, or I would leave (unless it was an emergency).

Emergencies are different. Normal birth, there is no need for them to not follow these.

Quoting ElitestJen:

Ok.  What is your recourse if they do not follow every rule?

kcangel63
by Freebirther on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:32 PM
Awesome! So close!

Quoting wkukid:

I have 5 copies of it not counting the one I turned in, it is a hospital birth. I'm due in 26 days. Thanks, I'm so excited.

Quoting kcangel63:

Hospital birth?

When are you due?

Quoting wkukid:

iamtryingforme
by Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:32 PM

It didn't have a list, but if I did it was all thrown out the window when I had to have a c-section. If I didn't myself and my baby both could have died. 

kcangel63
by Freebirther on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:34 PM
Emergency situations are different. That's a whole different ball game.

Glad you guys came out ok.

Quoting iamtryingforme:

It didn't have a list, but if I did it was all thrown out the window when I had to have a c-section. If I didn't myself and my baby both could have died. 

angevil53
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:34 PM
2 moms liked this
That's funny.
Mommy2b2many
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:35 PM
I'm still working on my list. But so far I have: no drugs and no vaginal exams unless absolutely necessary; and I want to be able to walk and move as I please.

I know that things wont go exactly according to plan. But this is my first pregnancy. And my husband's first experience with this. In addition my mom and aunt have never gone thru a pregnancy so we are all going into this blind. But I want to have some idea of what I want; to feel a little more in control of a situation I have never been in and neither have any of my coaches.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)