Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My biodad just emailed me.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this

Background:

Dad and Mom divorced around age 11. It was a very messy divorce. Dad was psychotic, possibly on drugs, had cameras hidden around the house, body guards he hired to follow him because he said my mom was trying to kill him and he was trying to get full custody.

My mother one full custody because my dad was a fucking lunatic and not safe to parent children. My mother could seriously never hurt a fly. Shes a sweetheart.

My dad was ordered to pay child support and alimony, and basically skipped town. He moved to hawaii. Hides his income. and refuses to pay child support. he pays sometimes but just very little so they dont come after him, but it took YEARS of my mom chasing his ass to get it lik ethat. and most the time he still doesnt pay it. he owes back childsupport still.

he never was there for me or my 3 brothers. my mom was a single mother to 4 kids. she made everything work. I love her. hes an asshole.

out of nowhere, he starts to message me on facebook. after years and years of no contact.

"I would like to come out and see you, what do you think?"

I think FUCK NO you psychopath.

I just asked him "why?" but what is going on?

the other day he called my mom and asked if they could just be friends and put the past behind him.

do you think hes dying or something?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nrouette
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 2:54 AM
I'd give him a chance to explain in writing what caused his actions, but idk if I'd open up my life to him.
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Jun. 25, 2013 at 2:56 AM
I would just do what you think is best. Maybe communicate via email. But do what your heart tells you. Hugs
EAzizM
by Erica on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:24 AM
You only know your moms side of it all. Id give him a chance.
Princess_s21
by Sarah on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:32 AM

I would probably give him a chance to explain, however probably by email or letter first and then take it from there and decide what you want to do...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:36 AM
He's broke and needs a place to stay and someone to take care of him. Be careful!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:53 PM

lol theres no way hes broke. he lives in a huge house in hawaii. he was at one point in time making 80k a month, hes been hiding from the IRS.

Quoting Anonymous:

He's broke and needs a place to stay and someone to take care of him. Be careful!

RJC78
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:55 PM

This.  Don't give him much personal info right away though.  Good luck to you!

Quoting nrouette:

I'd give him a chance to explain in writing what caused his actions, but idk if I'd open up my life to him.

BKozICan
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Dh has a biodad like that. If he contacted one of us, we may meet with him, but there is no way he would be around out kids.

hopeym23
by J3 on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Give him a chance to explain or you might live forever with what if's.

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 4:01 PM

My guess is AA. Making ammends.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured