Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My son the drug dealer

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

DS is 16

He admitted ( without being forced) that he smoked weed. He says he smoked it 3 times and he smoked K2 but he threw away the K2 because it was horrible and he didn't want his friends to go through what he did while he was using it. That was a year ago and he said he probably won't use it again until he was older. I had to tell his father and he went nuts and ds said he would never tell me anything again.

Fast foward to yesterday.  He txt me that he was in major trouble at school. Apparently he found a big bag of weed. and since he doesn't smoke it he gave it away. The person got caught and told the teacher it was from him.

A few inconsistency's

1) he told the teacher he found it on the weekend. Told me he found it that day.

2) he said he gave it to a guy who smoked pot. Turns out it was a bunch of yr 9 girls Around 10yrs old.  (edit again, they were 13/14 yrs old. Not that that makes it better)

3) Did he give it away or did he sell it? He told me no but he has been lying a few times. This is crucial because if he is found guilty he will be charged with dealing rather than if ihejust gave it away. I know both are wrong but hopefully he didnt take any money for it.

There is a meeting on monday at his school. This will be with the head of the school, youth aid, campus police, his teacher and me. Until then he is suspended from school.

He used to be a good kid. Well if you don't count setting fire to the petrol tin (says it was an accident) or photo shopping rude pictures witch he claimed it was because they were picking on his friends.   

Help! Anyone!

NOTE! He is a nice boy. Stupid maybe? Criminal yes. Its hard for mums to believe that their child has turned into this. I have edited out the nice boy comment.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:53 AM
Replies (11-20):
carolyntx
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:08 AM

why would he find a bag of weed and then give it to children not yet of the age to really even be interested in weed? none of this makes sense-- there is much much more to this story i am sure of that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:14 AM

I have updated in original post. I'm also sure there is more to the story too.  :(

ElitestJen
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:19 AM
2 moms liked this

Why don't you stop defending his character, and force him to build some character.  I'd be making that boy regret the day he ever heard about weed.  He'd be mowing yards all over the neighborhood for free, cutting trees, building fences, scrubbing grout, washing windows.  If I ran out of things for him to do, I'd send him to a neighbor's house to clean/fix/do whatever they needed.

That child would RUE the day he saw a baggie of anything.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:25 AM

Great advice! so far all I have done is take away all his 'screens'No ps3, phone etc.  Made him do chores etc and we are waiting for the lawn to dry so he can do the mowing. Great plan to extend it to neighbours too!

Quoting ElitestJen:

Why don't you stop defending his character, and force him to build some character.  I'd be making that boy regret the day he ever heard about weed.  He'd be mowing yards all over the neighborhood for free, cutting trees, building fences, scrubbing grout, washing windows.  If I ran out of things for him to do, I'd send him to a neighbor's house to clean/fix/do whatever they needed.

That child would RUE the day he saw a baggie of anything.

ROBIN-C
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:25 AM
2 moms liked this

No bashing here. I am sure you are overwhelmed and I hope you find some peace. I don't believe he is a bad person. Young and dumb, yep.... All of us have been there and have done things we shouldn't have. I don't believe it reflects on you or your parenting either, he is old enough to know,better.... But young dumb minds don't think in the big picture. 

Hang in there momma

sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:28 AM
Who the hell finds that much weed just laying around?

Nobody. He bought it or stole it, and sold it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:33 AM

totally this!!! good to be in some trouble to maybe straighten him out, but not enough to ruin the rest of his life. and just my opinion but if he is 16/17 then girls that are 13/14 aren't really "kids" compared to him. and they were just as stupid to take it from him!

Quoting kamrynlily07:

It sounds to me like he's lying. I think it's highly unlikely he found a big bag of weed, then gave it away.

It's probably better that he gets in trouble now, rather than when he's older when punishment will be far more harsh. Hopefully he learns some hard life lessons and turns himself around.

Hugs~ I'm sorry you are going through this.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2013 at 2:33 AM

Yes, we must get on to this fast. If he is lying about this than how do I trust him anymore. He says give me a drug test because I havn't smoked it in a year.  I don't know what to think about this, good that he he offers a drug test and he also reminded me that he willingly told me when he tried it and didnt try to hide it.

I so desperately want him to tell the truth! I just hope it doesnt wreck his life. I don't want to see him throw his life away. I try to be a good role model!

Oh well it will all come out on Monday morning at the meeting. What if he gets expelled? He is too young to leave school and what other school is going to take him after being expelled?

Quoting Anonymous:

totally this!!! good to be in some trouble to maybe straighten him out, but not enough to ruin the rest of his life. and just my opinion but if he is 16/17 then girls that are 13/14 aren't really "kids" compared to him. and they were just as stupid to take it from him!

Quoting kamrynlily07:

It sounds to me like he's lying. I think it's highly unlikely he found a big bag of weed, then gave it away.

It's probably better that he gets in trouble now, rather than when he's older when punishment will be far more harsh. Hopefully he learns some hard life lessons and turns himself around.

Hugs~ I'm sorry you are going through this.

justone_jen
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 2:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh. My. God. MARIJUANA!?

I'm not in the, "Your kid is evillllll!" club. Some lessons are harder learned than others. It's easy to make mistakes when you're oblivious to how invincible you're not.
1Giovanni
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 2:45 AM
1 mom liked this
I was in your boat couple years ago. I really couldn't believe it myself but after years of dealing with this issue I wish we found out sooner. My son has been clean first-year now. It takes slot of work but you need to nip in the butt now.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN