Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

We are hiring a new nanny.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 56 Replies
The nanny is to be at my home at 6am. The rest of the day will go as followed:

6am-6;45 feed the kids breakfast. I will have it already prepared, it just needs to be served. The kids will already be awake and hanging out with me in my room so just come retrieve them.

6:45 to 7:45- give both kids a bath and get them dressed. I will leave at 8.

7:45 to 11:00 please leave the home at this point. I will have a list of places you may take the children. Money will always be accessible to take care of the daily needs and wants that are ahead. If a situations arises that makes going out not ideal, you may stay home but please do not spend the day laying about unless someone is sick. The day should be filled with educational yet fun activities. That does not mean you have to listen to them cite Shakespeare. Exploring a tree or playing "operation" can be educational.

11:00 to 12:00- the nanny will use this time to feed the children. I will always have lunches prepared for the children and the nanny if requested ahead of time. If I desire for them to eat at a special restaurant that day, money will be provided.

12:00 to 2:00- the children will have scheduled activities at these times. Mondays are piano. Tuesdays are swim. Wednesdays are ballet. Thursdays are play dates with friends. Fridays are free. Please be on time to all events and stay the whole time. More instruction on what to do on Fridays will be provided later.

2:00 to 5:00- take the children home and let them have free time but encourage outside play of at least an hour. If they do not want to play, go for a walk. The last 30 minutes must be "wind down" time. The children do not take naps but they need to sit or lie down during this time. They may read or watch tv or meditate.

5:00 to 6:00- I have dinner prepared, please hear it up and have it ready for my husband and I as we arrive home. We will be there by 6:30.

Make sure the children are cleaned up and not in sweaty, dirty, clothes as we arrive home.

When we arrive home you may leave.

Please keep in mind that I have been generous with the time slots. I realize the day may not get started until 9 or piano may end at 1:30. I trust that as an educated and experienced care giver you will know what to do during this "free" time. Please do not waste my children's time.

I am thrilled that you have taken interest in our family as we have taken interest in you. See you soon.

-"k" family

So there it is! I finally completed the guidelines and such for our new nanny. I'm very nervous and excited. Our current nanny is brilliant but she in moving soon so we must say our good byes. I just need to have my assistant proofread this and off it will be sent to the eligible nannies.

Before anyone asks, my children are 5 and 7.

How does this sound?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:25 AM

Sounds like a good plan. Good luck finding the right person. 

JackieGirl007
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:26 AM

Sounds good, I hope you find a great new family friend. :) (and I hope you pay her/him well because as you know, it's a lot of work! lol )

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:31 AM
4 moms liked this
Sounds obnoxious.
wonderwomen1
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:31 AM
Sounds good too me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:33 AM
are you the same chick who was asking our opinions on your divorce vows?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:39 AM
What? Lol no. I didn't know there was such a thing as divorce vows!

Quoting Anonymous:

are you the same chick who was asking our opinions on your divorce vows?
Punchyobuns
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:42 AM

That's a long day of work. Are you looking for a live-in?

.strawberry.
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:43 AM
4 moms liked this

Don't waste their time? Lol.

It sounds pretentious.

LexsMami
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:43 AM
As a former nanny, I think it sounds reasonable. Pretty easy considering you already did the cooking for her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:45 AM
Whichever the nanny prefers.

Quoting Punchyobuns:

That's a long day of work. Are you looking for a live-in?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN