Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My son hit me because he could not have his way!!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My son is 3 years old and today he was just showing his ass. He did not want to listen to anything that i told him to do. I was cleaning our room and I had taken down his blowup bed because it had a hole in it. I put it up and next thing i know he has it down trying to blow it back up I told him to put it back and he tell me to blow it up. He then gives me the blow up bed and I take the air out of it. he gets truly pissed his face turned red and he tried to slap me. I spanked his butt and made him lay down. I go down stairs to make something to eat and I go to check on him because I was letting him play up stairs so I was calling him down and next thing i know here he comes with my foundation all over his face and hair so now his hair is two shades of brown and I go look and he dug into my foundation it is the liquid powder kind not cheap it too was put up he got spanked for that. I don't know what the heck is wrong with my son I have to keep him with me so he does not get into anything I keep telling him over and over again don't touch ugg I with his dad would take him for a week I love my son but I need a break.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2013 at 2:04 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:30 AM

We are sharing a room I wish I could give him his own room

Quoting Anonymous:

Seriously put the kid in his own room give him a bed and stuffed animals that are his. Kids do need their own space just like we adults do. Make sure his room is not filled with every toy you own though just some stuffed animals his bed a dresser and probably a night light.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:32 AM

This is the first time in a long time that I had to spank my son i have been trying the timeout thing and talking to him but it has not worked i spank him and he is starting to listen.

Quoting Anonymous:

Of course he is going to hit you. You are teaching him that is the way to deal with anger.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:33 AM

I did have it put up but he climbed on a chair to get it

Quoting Sassy762:

Time Out has always worked for us instead of spanking

And why was your makeup within his reach?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:34 AM

Seems like that spanking thing is really working for you.

allornone
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:35 AM

You destroyed his bed. Did you replace it? Does he really understand it was broke?

Princess_s21
by Sarah on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:37 AM

Did he understand that it was broken? Did you explain to him that it has a hole in it and that you had to take it down? Sometimes at that age children freak out when things change when you havent explained why your doing something.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:38 AM
Quoting allornone:

You destroyed his bed. Did you replace it? Does he really understand it was broke?

I did not destroy his bed it has a small hole that I have to patch up and no he is not understanding that it is broken I tried to talk to him and put it away and then he got mad and tried to slap me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:39 AM

I tried and he just got mad he did not understand.

Quoting Princess_s21:

Did he understand that it was broken? Did you explain to him that it has a hole in it and that you had to take it down? Sometimes at that age children freak out when things change when you havent explained why your doing something.

Princess_s21
by Sarah on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:46 AM

did you explain before you did it though, or did he walk in and see it, then react then you tried to explain?

Quoting Anonymous:

I tried and he just got mad he did not understand.

Quoting Princess_s21:

jen2150
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:09 AM
1 mom liked this

My 3 year old was very similar.  He started to get better around age 5.  Stay strong and don't give in to him.  Remember that discipline and teaching are two different things.  Talk to him about ways to handle situations.  He won't understand all of it but eventually he will understand it as he gets older.  He is 9 and is a very sweet child.  It will get better with time.  Spanking does not cause children to hit others.  Some kids respond differently to negative situations.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)