Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i can't be friends with my best friend anymore

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
We are both single, but I'm in love with him. I realized that 2 weeks ago. we got in a fight Friday and I had not talked to him since. I've been sad and missing him but really had no intentions on apologizing or making up. Tonight he randomly showed up and when I opened the door and saw him I felt so much better...but after talking to him and stuff I realized my feelings are way to strong to just remain friends. He doesn't know this at all. But now I have to figure out how to tell him, if I'm not honest with it then he will just keep coming back. I dunno..how do I tell him? Souls I just start ignoring him or should I be honest?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2013 at 2:43 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2013 at 2:51 AM
I dunno.. I just don't. I'm so torn, confused, hurt...I just don't know.

Quoting justone_jen:

My best friend is my mate.

Him randomly showing up makes me think he might have similar feelings.

bellawomen
by Summer on Jun. 25, 2013 at 2:55 AM
What is the issue? Is he with someone else.

I find it weird you claim he is your best friend yet it took you over 2 weeks to make up. I can't imagine. My best friend and I never argue, have never been in a fight in 20 years. We disagree but do so respectfully, even when her ex was an idiot and I didn't like that she got back with her ex-boyfriend (They are now broken up for good and she sees him how I did. She needed to figure that out on her own and I respected that, but also didn't hide my thoughts to her.)
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2013 at 2:55 AM
No he's not gay. I'm insecure is one issue. He could have any chick he wanted, we've had opportunities and conversations and unless he cane straight out and said I'm not interested in you not will I ever be, he couldn't make it anymore clear that he's not.if that makes sense...

Quoting Anonymous:

Why lie? Is he gay? I could see if he was gay that being really awkward for both of you. If he is straight then just tell him point blank, this is how I am feeling and go from there...

lilmacmama20
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 2:55 AM
Im in love with my best friend too.
justone_jen
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 2:58 AM
I think you should just tell him.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting justone_jen:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2013 at 2:59 AM
When we first met I wanted nothing more then to just hook up...well we became friends. He heard through a mutual friend my intentions and we talked about it. He pretty much said I was to good of a girl just to hook up with. I left it at that. I agreed I'd rather be great friend than fuck buddies... But as time went by I got feelings... In which I realized 2 weeks ago... We didn't fight that long.. We got into a fight Friday night.not 2 weeks ago.

Quoting bellawomen:

What is the issue? Is he with someone else.

I find it weird you claim he is your best friend yet it took you over 2 weeks to make up. I can't imagine. My best friend and I never argue, have never been in a fight in 20 years. We disagree but do so respectfully, even when her ex was an idiot and I didn't like that she got back with her ex-boyfriend (They are now broken up for good and she sees him how I did. She needed to figure that out on her own and I respected that, but also didn't hide my thoughts to her.)

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:00 AM

Be honest.

gigis1
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:02 AM
I told mine. I told him not to worry, I'd get over it eventually
justbreatheOx
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:02 AM
Tell him! I think you might be surprised. How long have you guys been friends?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:02 AM
I know but it's not just me telling him...when I tell him we will no longer be friend because I can't do it. I can't hear him talk about this girl that girl etc etcetc.... It hurts to much.

Quoting justone_jen:

I think you should just tell him.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting justone_jen:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)