Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is it possible...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

For a marriage to move past a cheating spouse? 

Has anyone ever cheated or been cheated on and have a stronger relationship in the end? If so... What helped? Counseling?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:27 AM
Everyone that I know, personally, never worked through it. That's not saying it can not be done, but it won't be easy. It'll take a lot of drive, counseling, and love to work past it.
allornone
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:30 AM

No sorry I haven't. But here's a bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:31 AM

Yes. I cheated and we are now better and stronger. What helped was more communication between us and him getting the help he needed for his mental problems.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:36 AM
I would have to do a Lorana Bobit if my dh ever cheated, so I would say no it would probably not be much fun after that.
luvmymonkeys27
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:46 AM
1 mom liked this

I have heard of couples working through it, but it wouldn't work for my husband or me. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:17 AM

BUmP

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:19 AM

Every one is different, but I know I couldn't. And counseling should start asap.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:19 AM

I couldn't move past it. I moved and I couldn't be happier. I couldn't get the image of what he did out of my mind. I was totally and utterly betrayed. I was disgusted. I couldn't have sex with him.

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Yes I think it is. So long as it's not thrown in someone's face and you agree it's in the past. No, I've never been cheated on and worked it out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:20 AM
My dh cheated and we've been working through it. It's been a few years but I'm still emotional about it. I don't think this is going to work much longer. I don't love him like I once did. It's hard to be in love with someone who betrayed you and hurt you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)