Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is it possible...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

For a marriage to move past a cheating spouse? 

Has anyone ever cheated or been cheated on and have a stronger relationship in the end? If so... What helped? Counseling?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:23 AM
Replies (11-17):
Val99
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:20 AM

My husband and I have never been involved in a relationship where cheating occurred, but we do have friends that have experienced this.  Some tried to work through it, but they could never really trust each other again and ended up divorced, just like those that chose to leave the marriage right away.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:23 AM

It's possible but takes a lot of work. I'm going through it right now. My husband cheated almost 1 year ago. We see a marriage counselor and things aren't perfect and they probably won't ever be the way they were but we are both committed to trying to keep our marriage together.

MrsMiles85
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Yes, I think it's possible.  I cheated on my childrens father with my husband now.  Was I right?  Of course not.  What he was doing doesn't matter, I should have come out of the relationship being the bigger person.  But bam karma happened.  I found Facebook messages from my then boyfriend (we weren't married yet) and his suppose to be ex that weren't very nice.  Did he sleep with her?  I don't know.  Did he disrespect me?  Definitely.  But we moved past it.  It's about change and doing the right thing even after a mistake.

hopeym23
by J3 on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:25 AM

I have hard of them working out.  For me personally I think I would try to work it out.

Leissaintexas
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:25 AM

I think it would depend on why, with who, how long, and if I found out on my own or if he told me.  I could get past it if he confessed up front, it was a one-time thing with someone I didn't know. Otherwise, I'm outta there. I don't know why it would make a difference, but it does. We would get counseling from our pastor and I'd have to be seriously bribed in some way. I'm almost kidding.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Dh is currently cheating.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Have you confronted him?

Quoting Anonymous:

Dh is currently cheating.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)