Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/O diet post. Drinking during diet?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

Not like beer or alchol, I RARELY have a drink.  We are cutting out pop.  Its been REALLY hard.  So far we dont buy cases anymore or bottles.  Just a foutain drink if we are out and will be in the car.(We were going through a 24 pack in 2 days so THIS has been a HUGE cut back)  I have taken to drinking tea.  Plain brewed ice tea. No sugar of any type.  Is this the same as drinking water? There are no cals in it and Im not adding sugar.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ballerina18
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:53 AM

Congrats on cutting back on drinking soda!

Just remember, the less you drink soda the less you will crave it =)

justpeachy71904
by peachy on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:53 AM
Sure is!
SadeAyosmom
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:53 AM

i fkn live for coke.

LIVE

luvmymonkeys27
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:55 AM

I would think that as long as you are brewing it yourself and it is unsweetened, it's fine. Congrats on cutting out the soda! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2013 at 4:01 AM

Quoting ballerina18:

Congrats on cutting back on drinking soda!

Just remember, the less you drink soda the less you will crave it =)

Thanks.  A while back after our daughter was born I swear I just didnt want it anymore but DH wasnt going to give it up.  It slowly found its way back into my hand.  Well DH had been very sick recently and due to his vomiting and dehydration I just kept water and Gatorade or powerade for him and he stopped. He said he didnt want it anymore. So I just stopped buying it.  Now that hes had his surgery he prefers water over anything. (between us I think the caffeine gives him the poops! Ill let him keep his manlyness and go with he just doesnt want it. wink wink) Honestly we drank pop so much our glasses never got used unless the pop was warm and it needed to have a glass of ice.  I hope to wean off the foutain drinks.  I have one at work that I fill with ice and water to give me the feel of drinking a pop.I would love to drop a good 75 pounds in the next year.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2013 at 4:04 AM

Quoting luvmymonkeys27:

I would think that as long as you are brewing it yourself and it is unsweetened, it's fine. Congrats on cutting out the soda! 

Yup, just good ole tea bags and hot water.  Is the caffeine in tea terribly high?  Is the caffeine a problem for a diet?

gumbeme06
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 4:04 AM
Just be careful with the amount of caffeine that's in tea. Other than that its way better than soda
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2013 at 4:05 AM

Cherry Coke isnt bad everyonce in a while but Coke feels like its eating my tummy apart :(

Quoting SadeAyosmom:

i fkn live for coke.

LIVE

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2013 at 4:08 AM

Quoting gumbeme06:

Just be careful with the amount of caffeine that's in tea. Other than that its way better than soda

I just ask the same thing to PP.  Is there high amounts of caffeine in tea?  Why is the caffeine bad?  Im talking plain lipton, luzianne bags of tea.

luvmymonkeys27
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 4:11 AM

I've heard arguments on both sides of the fence, but I don't think that there's much in them either way. Honestly, there's not that much caffeine in tea (I think around 40 mg?... so there certainly is caffeine, but not that much when compared to coffee), and caffeine is a known appetite-suppressor, so in theory it should help with losing weight. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting luvmymonkeys27:

Yup, just good ole tea bags and hot water.  Is the caffeine in tea terribly high?  Is the caffeine a problem for a diet?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)