Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ex refuses to sign divorce papers I've given up on wanting to marry my S/O

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies

Not just given up, but I've made myself believe maybe marriage isn't for me anymore. My husband(whom I might as well say that since I can't say soon to be ex) keeps denying the marriage isn't broken after 2 years of separation. In my state you have to be separated 2 years in order to continue your divorce if the other party doesn't agree with you in the terms. He lives in the marital home, I live in an apt with my s/o and our child. In the beginning I really wanted to marry my s/o and thought this divorce could be done and over with sooner. My husband wanted the same thing to have this over with. Yeah right, he lied. He's arguing about property to have all assest split and my idiot lawyer put it in terms of distributing without marital misconduct, along with denying the marriage is broken just so I can't remarry. Meaning I only wanted items that are mine alone, not part of 'ours'. I have retrieved MY items over the summer so property should not be an issue anymore. Long story short, I'm done playing these games and just going to continue moving on with my life with my new family. My s/o and I haven't discussed marriage for many months now. We've been together going on 2 years. Yes I admit around the same time and reason why I left my husband.  It was simply the marriage was going down the toilet and I was miserable. I'm not goign to waste any more money paying my lawyer to do anything else more since there is nothing else that can be done. I can't afford court fees, so fuck it. My relationship with my s/o is still going strong despite the fact. I will regret that it'll be a shame when the time comes we can't make descisions on each other if any emergencies would occur, but I have to deal with that when the times comes. So, my husband wants to stay married, fine, I'll keep going on as if he doesn't exist.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2013 at 5:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Jun. 25, 2013 at 5:15 AM
Oh man. I'm so sorry :(
paganmommy4
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 5:16 AM

Then file  yourself.  Go to montana for 21 days then. He can respond and then it goes to court, you get the divorce on your terms.  That is complete bullcrap, do it yourself, pay the filing fee and then he'll have to go to court in 30 days or whatever

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2013 at 5:19 AM

Quoting paganmommy4:

Then file  yourself.  Go to montana for 21 days then. He can respond and then it goes to court, you get the divorce on your terms.  That is complete bullcrap, do it yourself, pay the filing fee and then he'll have to go to court in 30 days or whatever

I was the one that filed. he responded denying and then I had papers served again whether or not to deny the marriage is broken. He denied, I figured. So now I'm not going to waste more money going to court paying his and mine attorney fees(cause that's what he wants and alimony).

curious1145
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 5:20 AM
I'm confused because I thought you said after 2 years of separation you could go ahead with it without other party agreeing,but yet you reached 2 years and act like it's still a big problem. You really shouldn't give up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2013 at 5:20 AM

Quoting justpeachy71904:

Oh man. I'm so sorry :(

Thanks. Divorce just seems impossible at times.

XnikoX
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 5:22 AM

What state are you in? Because as far as I know you should be able to file without his signature. Ya sure it'll take longer but if its uncontested by your ex then youd get the divorce. And even if he shows up its still likely the judge will give you the divorce. I had a friend who actually did this since her ex refused as well. So it IS Possible.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2013 at 5:22 AM

Quoting curious1145:

I'm confused because I thought you said after 2 years of separation you could go ahead with it without other party agreeing,but yet you reached 2 years and act like it's still a big problem. You really shouldn't give up.

Yeah but there's still property issues and denying the marriage is broken. I have no issues, I have my stuff but he's just trying to make my life miserable by holding me hostage to the marriage. Oh well. I'm not spending any more money on this worthless matter. If he wants a divorce in the long run, he can pay for it himself. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2013 at 5:24 AM

Quoting XnikoX:

What state are you in? Because as far as I know you should be able to file without his signature. Ya sure it'll take longer but if its uncontested by your ex then youd get the divorce. And even if he shows up its still likely the judge will give you the divorce. I had a friend who actually did this since her ex refused as well. So it IS Possible.

PA. I can't get a divorce in default cause he responded. Next step was to wait 2 years and have papers served again but this time if he denies whther or not the marriage is broken. He's still denying it. So screw it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2013 at 4:37 PM

DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 4:41 PM

One of my best friends is in year 4 of trying to get a divorce from her husband.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN