Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How did you pick your wedding day?

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 7:51 AM
  • 79 Replies
Was it a special day for y'all like the anniversary of when y'all first met or did you just pick the first date available at the venue you wanted?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 7:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:11 AM
BUMP!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:13 AM

It was as close to the anniversary of our 1st date as we could get.  Our 1st date was September 13, 1998.  We were married on September 18, 1999.  We tried for the 11th, but the venue and reception hall were not both available.

bcoll
by Brandi on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:14 AM

Haha, we just decided we wanted to get married and look there's city hall, why not start the paperwork? Then we realized it was only good for a month and picked the furthest weekend and got to work. Romantic huh? Lol

I should probably specify that the proposal was romantic and months before we just decided to actually get the ball rolling spontaneously lol

DannieLou
by Mockingjay on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:14 AM
Based upon when we would have DSS. :(
Thankfully, it also happened to be our 2 1/2 yr anniversary. But I wanted 6/9/12, settled for 7/14/12.
Nyx112
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:16 AM

It was a 4 day weekend for my husband, he was gone to AIT so we had to wait for him to be able to get a 4 day pass to come home.

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:16 AM
Sounds about as romantic as what we are planning. We want to get married outside so basically the first free weekend we have when it's not hot and they have availability we are taking.

Quoting bcoll:

Haha, we just decided we wanted to get married and look there's city hall, why not start the paperwork? Then we realized it was only good for a month and picked the furthest weekend and got to work. Romantic huh? Lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mattiehatter
by Mary on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:17 AM
I wanted right in between our birthdays which would have been 6/5, but I kept getting the already have plans stuff so we bumped it back a week to 6/12. In the end we wish that we would have just eloped.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:18 AM

The anniversary of when we met was 4/15/05 and we got married 4/14/07. We didn't do it on the 15th because it was a Sunday and we wanted Saturday.

kristynej
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:19 AM
We had origanally chosen 11/10/09 because we liked the date, but we were married at the court house, and they didn't do them on that day. Our anniversary is 11/09/09 instead.
casah4
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:19 AM

We went to church one Sunday and asked the pastor if he had a few minutes to marry us the next day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)